Would You Stop Going To Mel Gibson Movies???

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

I like all Mel Gibson movies! And I like Mel even more after this fiasco and you know why?
    Because he is REAL!!!! He is a real guy with faults and faith and religion and feelings and sorrow and prejudices and he loves alcohol and kids and people. And he said he was sorry for his comments.
    No doubt his bigotted father filled his ears when young about the Jews. Jews have always been blamed for everything since Christs death. That is unfortunate. The scriptures said it must occur.

But I heard he was trying to make a movie about the holocaust but was getting grief of some kind. Who knows what kind and from who.
    I saw the Passion and learned so much. The depiction of Satan was outstanding to me.

We all make mistakes. The important thing is to apologize and somehow to make ammends. I look forward to seeing what kind of ammends he makes.

Still a fan,

Anewme

• minimus
    minimus

Mel's cool in my book.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I was watching some program on TV, that was asking the public on how they now view Mel Gibson....

I never though the public could be so stupid/brainless with some of their ridiculous statements. One woman comes to mind, she said "He should make a public apology for his actions!" I seriously thought for a moment in how doltish the idea of asking someone to publicly apologizing for their freedom of speech.(even though he did)

I am of the "Who Cares" class.

I would much rather speak about thee "Holy Roman Empire"...and how it wasn't Holy, Roman or and Empire!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Nope.

• pharisee
    pharisee

I always liked Mel Gibson movies, but he was never a standout for me. Now that he has gone all religious with the anti Jew thing, I actually have more respect for him. Nobody in Hollywood wanted to make his passion of the christ movie, he went it alone, funded it and made a killing. Hollywood is run by the Jews, and Gibson is one of the few that has stood up to their propaganda. The Jews are a condemed race for killing the messiah, Mel Gibson knows it, and nothing the Jews will ever do will ever change history.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

No, I wouldn't boycott, Mel.

Though I boycott anything made by Roman Polanski who is a pedophile. He drugged a minor, raped her, and then fled the US to escape prosecution. The Academy Awards rewarded him with an Oscar. So it appears that being a drunk anti-Semite is worse than being a pedophile. I also avoid anything associated with Barbara Streisand.

I also find it interesting that you can be one of Hitler's chief propagandists, in the case of Leni Riefenstahl, whose movies extolled the superior Aryan race, and be honored by the Academy that celebrates the art of movie making. Yet, when a drunk utters anti-Semitic remarks he is castigated by that same community.

Can anyone say hypocrisy?

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I don't think I would boycott him for his bigotry, he did apologize after all. I didn't see "passion" and I don't plan to. In general, I've sort of written him off as a crazy because of that movie. If I get the impression I'm about to be preached to, I just don't go there. With mel gibson, after all of that, I would guess his movies will have a spiritual message of some sort, which I don't want to hear. I get enough of that every where else.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I will still see his movies, I am a sucker for Braveheart and What Women Want....He seems to be a normal person to me, he apologized. I ve said and done very stupid things when I was was drunk too...and I did not remember...I hate that feeling...Some people are so self righteuous...I did not see Passion because its a little too much for me, too religious...

As for Tom Cruise, I agree with most who have posted, I really did not want to see his movies after this past year...but I have to admit...I saw War of the Worlds and kind of forgot what an idiot he has been this past year, and I actually rented Last Samuri, I loved this movie, I thought it was awesome...I do not like or appreciate his judgemental ways this past year, but if its a good movie, I'll rent it and pay the $4.00 at Blockbuster and thats only if I heard through someone else that it was good.

Nikki

• heathen
    heathen
    The Jews are a condemed race for killing the messiah, Mel Gibson knows it, and nothing the Jews will ever do will ever change history.

what the hell is that supposed to mean ? They aren't a condemned race , they can still convert today . The apostles were all jewish . I think the problem with them coverting is because of the churches of "christiandom" that caused them suffering throughout the world and probly because of reasoning that you present there . The nation of Israel suffered plenty in 70 CE , there is no reason to believe that God cursed them for eternity especially since jesus spoke of forgiveness so frequently .

• Balsam
    Balsam

I feel he is a nut case and way over the top with that stupid movie "Passion of the Christ" movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit