100 reasons to love Canada.

by jeeprube 78 Replies latest social humour

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Fort Steele(near Kimberly)-Living History Town-love that stuff!

that dutch pancake rest. Forget the name

Michael J. Fox

Stanley Park/Lions Gate

Indian Food

Nice people

Old Houses

Fish & Chips

Tea

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    We speak to complete strangers just to be friendly

I'm from Ontario and NOT Toronto and yes - we are friendly with everyone - we are also an incredibly polite people. sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The public education system for its balanced teaching of geography -in Canada you learn about rest of the world including the USA. We had to learn about and memorize the States and all the capitals etc, but when asked, 9/10 of my friends in the USA do not know where Ontario is located; and history - out of the same number of people from the USA, not one knew that the USA lost the War of 1812 to Canada. In fact, most didn't even know that the USA had engaged in War and lost in 1812! sammieswife.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Well, I think all of mine were taken..so I will repeat..

Because I live here!

And NO George Bush!

• daystar
    daystar

damselfly

ME!! ;D

Hey! You stole my line!!

Isn't tetrapod.sapien still up there scouting out unmapped terrain? I fully expect him to walk out of the wilderness someday wearing bear claws around his neck and with stories of enlightenment for us all.

He'd be another reason.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy
    20. Tegan and Sara

I second that!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Twitch

Were you here in '97 for the "flood of the century"? That was the last year I recall some serious snow here. The winters since have been rather mild compared to what I recall overall, this past winter being no winter at all.

I didn't go to Winnipeg until 1999 so I missed the flood. On the other hand I was in Montreal for the giant freeze that had people out of electricity for weeks (I was only oput for about 6 hours - living in an area where the grid had many seniors building put us on high priority to get our power back.

When I was in Montreal in '89, I recall the most bitter wind, the cause likely being close to large bodies of water. But WPG has the second largest range of temp swing in the world, next to somewhere in Russia as I recall. The wind is nasty, no argument there. Makes you feel warm blooded,...lol.

The problem with the weather in Montreal is that it is very humid. Winnipeg is dry so if you dress properly you can deal with the cold. Montreal's humid weather goes to the bone and there isn't a lot you can to to dress warm. Once you are cold you stay cold until you get inside

The other thing about Winnipeg - I lived in the one area of the city where people were protesting the spraying for mosquitos. They really do deserve the name "Canada's mosquito capital

• hubert
    hubert

Gaspe Penninsula

Patate Fritie' (spelling)?

Omelete Fromage

Niagara Falls

Hubert

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Better healthcare (from what I have heard)

Molson beer

The people!!!

Vancouver, BC (probably my favorite non-US city). Stanley Park on a sunny day is incomparable...

Canada's 'pocket desert' in Osoyoos/Okanogan Valley, BC.

The rock bands Rush & Triumph

The FDR (former president Roosevelt's) summer home on Campobello Island, New Brunswick

My parents once had Dub friends in Kitchener (suburb of Toronto?) & may have attended conventions there. They had an opportunity to relocate in '67 or so but the call of Gilead was too strong

DR

• free2beme
    free2beme

1. They are not sending people to the USA to take our jobs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit