100 reasons to love Canada.

by jeeprube 78 Replies latest social humour

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    how does that work?

In the USA people have the right to bear arms (I believe its called) and have the right to have a gun in their possession - the home, and I suppose their car or on their person in some places. Canadians don't have that right so most people unless they are hunters or collectors don't have firearms in their houses. sammieswife.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling

by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s," and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.

Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c," "y" and "x"--bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez--tu riplais "ch," "sh," and "th" rispektivli.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    72. Manitoba snow drifts

For the 5 years I lived in Winnipeg they have had a drought and not even enough snow to cover the fields. Then in the spring they get flooded from water coming from the US. Not too many snowdrifts and I doubt that will change any time soon.

Although..... it was the one thing everyone warned me about but never happened. I had seen far more snow in Montreal. Actually one of the last snowstorms in Montreal dropped more snow in one storm that I think all the 5 years I was in Winnipeg.

But the wind was something else - sucks the air right out of your lungs

• Simon
    Simon
    In the USA people have the right to bear arms

Or arm bears ... you can do whatever the heck you want (Robbin Williams)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I wanna go to Canada, cos theres no shagworthy totty here in Florida...

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

92. Breathtaking scenery. (Everywhere, but especially the Rocky Mountains)
    93. Diversity.
    94. Humour.
    95. Newfies.
    96. The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth (Calgary Stampede)
    97. Salt Spring Island (off of West Coast BC)

• catbert
    catbert

Chevrons! (According to Mike Meyers...)

• arwen
    arwen

katiekitten: what is a shagworthy totty??????????? We love Canada because we have red soil on Prince Edward Island and 1000 miles of beaches. We speak to complete strangers just to be friendly.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Joni Mitchell, one of Canada's greatest achievments, once described the US as a 'land of snap decisions and short attention spans'. The opposite is true here in Canada which can be a frustration, but given the alternatives these days is imho very preferable. Stephen Harper, recently elected Prime Minister, is the closest thing to President Toosh that the country has, and they are both as different as Condoleeza on rice in personality. Robotic and grey, he wins the heart of all who wake up for the end of his speeches, as opposed to his US counterpart who is still learning how to speak proper, like.

Of course British Columbia is as different in personality from the East coast of Canada as could be imagined, and Vancouver while changing too rapidly for its own good is still one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

HS

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    katiekitten: what is a shagworthy totty???????????

totty = visually pleasing person

shagworthy = worth shagging

shagging = physical manifestation of carnal desire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit