by jeeprube 78 Replies latest social humour

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<We speak to complete strangers just to be friendly.>>

This is more of an East Coast thing. *waves to Arwen*

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't be silly... "Canada" doesn't exist!

It's all a massive international conspiracy!!!!!

Anyone who goes to "Canada" by plane is actually flown around in circles for awhile and then they land somewhere in the northern US where the Illuminati have a bunch of people say things like "Booat" "Cooat" and "Gooat".

• Satanus
    Satanus

Weed can be freely bought from vendors ;)

S

• damselfly
    damselfly

Whatcha ya talking 'bout Elsewhere?!

I do not say "aboot" I say "aboat" ;D

• acsot
    acsot

a couple of others I forgot:

- the chocolate-covered blueberries prepared by the Trappist Monks of Lac St. Jean (to die for!!!)

- Alberta's oil fields, making Canada the largest supplier of crude oil to the United States

- Quebec's massive hydro-electric power, enabling us to supply hydro to places in Ontario and the U.S. during horrendous heat waves

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I do not say "aboot" I say "aboat" ;D

Oops! My mistake!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Maple syrup festivals

Canada Day

Winter Carnivals

• jgnat
    jgnat
    <<We speak to complete strangers just to be friendly.>> This is more of an East Coast thing. *waves to Arwen*

Whaddya mean? It's a Prairies sorta thing, too. They say Fort McMurray is the new capital of Newfoundland. It's only in Tronna where they think they are the centre of the world, and poor old Montreal where they are stuck-up. Well, okay, 50% of the population of Canada lives in those two cities, but don't we count out here in the boonies?

• Twitch
    Twitch

(((Lady Lee)))

Were you here in '97 for the "flood of the century"? That was the last year I recall some serious snow here. The winters since have been rather mild compared to what I recall overall, this past winter being no winter at all.

When I was in Montreal in '89, I recall the most bitter wind, the cause likely being close to large bodies of water. But WPG has the second largest range of temp swing in the world, next to somewhere in Russia as I recall. The wind is nasty, no argument there. Makes you feel warm blooded,...lol.

• Simon
    Simon
    We speak to complete strangers just to be friendly

Definitely. Over here you can go out and everyone is in their own little world - no one really talks to anyone else. Over there, people come up to you and introduce themselves.

The first time you think you've got the "nutter on the bus" but after the 2nd or 3rd time you get used to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit