Fluff- Have you named your vehicle?

by serendipity 33 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

I once owned a 1994 silver Honda Prelude. Her name was Yufo (U.F.O.)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Naming cars ... well, I grew up in a family that tended to name their cars. (Not all, though... interesting.)

Anyway, my first car was a '57 Chevy - and I named it 'Dusty' - for obvious reasons.

I sorta got away from naming them, but my 1979 Plymouth Arrow, I call 'Truck-truck', and my 1998 VW Beetle, I call 'Bug-bug'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• earthtone
    earthtone

I just call her baby, and piece "bleep" when she doesn't act right

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Daystar--I once had a white '91 Prelude Si that I simply called 'Baby.' Totalled in a 2004 rollover accident. I still miss her every day

Now I am driving a '98 Accord V6 Coupe that I call 'Tigress' because of the growling sounds she makes on hard acceleration. Great car--sleek, fast, all the bells & whistles, ultra-reliable--but even routine maintenance costs $$$.

Just got her out of the shop last week after the latest scheduled oil change, plus replacement of a faulty ABS (anti-lock) brake sensor, power window regulator, & a SLOOWWW leak from the rear main engine seal. Total damages: $794.00

DR

• Genesis
    Genesis

My car had several names :

The Clap
    The dielewis (one of my friend lol)
    The Apostate Mobile
    The Sex Mobile (still on that one...)

• james_woods
    james_woods

Cannot pass up a car thread even if it reveals some slight indignity...

ZR1 Corvette - "Batmobile"

Z06 Corvette - "HotRod"

911 Porsche - "Little Tough Guy" (who has the power to PISS NEARLY EVERYBODY OFF)

used to have an old 1984 Corvette that all three stepkids drove to school and subsequently wrecked in one minor way or another -

-- the kids named it "Rat Dog" --

Note that most everybody around here (Dallas) thinks it is perfectly OK to have a name for a car, but those personalized license plates are only appropriate for the mistresses of rich oil men.

James, of the "Screw the Ozone Layer, Ozone is a Poison Gas" class...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Gosh, I can't remember all the names that we had for various cars and trucks that we owned. Anyway, my husband Chevy Silverado was named "Blue Goose". Now that we have a Ford-150, he named it "Blue Goose 2". We like the color blue in case you didn't notice.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I've named my yellow Ranger "Tonka Toy".

carmel

• daystar
    daystar

DesertRat

I totalled mine also. Going only about 70 mph northbound on a highway undergoing construction... infamous for auto accidents. The northbound and southbound lanes were separated by a concrete wall, about four feet tall. I hit the left wall, bounced, hit the right wall, bounced, somehow became airborn, flew over both concrete walls separating the north and southbound sides to land on the roof of the car on the southbound side.

Lucky no one was on the southbound side where we landed. Lucky neither I nor the girl with me were dead...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Yes, every time I work on one of my cars, it gets the same name, "Why you G-D D-MN PIECE OF SH-T!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit