Fluff- Have you named your vehicle?

by serendipity 33 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

I was emboldened by elsewhere's post where he called his Mini Cooper "Nancy". The large glass of wine also helped me to make an admission. Many years ago, I named my car "Sully" after the scrumptious character in "Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman", mainly to tease my daughter. I've only known one other person who would admit to doing so.

Has anyone else named their vehicle? Is that a crazy thing to do? Childish (like my family and acquaintances thought) or whimsical?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My sister had a '67 white mustang she named Roxanne (after the song You don't have to put no (or out?) the red light) but no I've never named any of my cars.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    I was emboldened by elsewhere's post where he called his Mini Cooper "Nancy". The large glass of wine also helped me to make an admission.

LOL.

I've never named a vehicle mainly because how do you know if it is male or female? That's where I've been at a loss. My dad named his previous truck Priscilla, and really it looked like a guy truck to me. And lately with all the problems mine has had, I just call it "that P.O.S.".

• FMZ
    FMZ

My car is female... she's called Gray... and I feel like I'm cheating on her when I go out of town and / or rent another vehicle.

I love my car...hehe

FMZ

• parakeet
    parakeet

When my car is running nicely, I call it "car." When it breaks down in the middle of nowhere, I have several other names for it, none of which I can post here.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I have a sport trac which has a short bed. His name is Shorty (lame I know)

• Mulan
    Mulan

our old truck is a Ford Lariat...................we call him "Larry" (still have it)

New truck, also a red Ford Lariat, we call "Big Red"

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ziggy

• damselfly
    damselfly

My very old and not so pretty car and I have an arrangement. We pretend not to know each other if at all possible. :D
    When he acts up I call him sweetheart until his behaviour improves.

Dams

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Remember Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

I've always named my cars. We've got Vicky Volvo now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit