What Did You LOVE About Being a Jehovah's Witness?

by Seeker4 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I loved it at the District Conventions how we would clap every single time the speaker rose his voice.

LMAO Arthur!

I loved that we didnt have to go to Religious Education classes and school assemblies!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

everything

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Love is such an emotive word and whilst being a Jehovahs Witness I think I was devoid of much emotion so cannot think of anything that I LOVED about being one.

I did take some positive aspects away from it though; I believe that being forced as a youngster into speaking in front of 100+ people created a foundation for my advocacy skills. Still think they stole my childhood though...bastards!

DB74

• kid-A
    kid-A

The ice cream machine at the Norval Assembly hall in Ontario.

Ummmmmmmmmm......thats about it.

• undercover
    undercover

Loved? Nothing really...

But while still in and during the best years, I felt like we part of something special and that we were going to live to see something special and understand it. I thought we were in a true brotherhood, with friends all over the world.

As I got older I saw through the facade more and more and realized the worldwide brotherhood wasn't so loving. People still fought and bickered. People still got hurt and abused. People I grew up with and thought were life long friends had to be shunned when they got DFd. Then the realization that "the Truth" wasn't true. We weren't so special after all (unless its to say we were "special" as in we needed to ride the short bus to school)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I loved that I was right all the time, no matter what, when compared to worldly people.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was boy crazy, so I loved going to the assemblies and conventions to see the boys I had not seen since the year prior. I could easily escape from my parents and flirt.

• juni
    juni

Not a thing.............it was all an illusion..........

It only felt good when the beating stopped.

Blondie

I have to say that I agree w/Blondie. AN ILLUSION OF GOODNESS

Seeker4 - The experiences you had w/different friends I can relate to, but I found that those very friends would turn on you. They were conditional friends. And many were users.

The friends I have now - those terrible "worldly people" - have proven to be unconditional friends and don't stab me in the back or judge my decisions or actions. I don't feel that I have to be "on guard" w/them.

JUNI

• juni
    juni

Not a thing.............it was all an illusion..........

It only felt good when the beating stopped.

Blondie

I have to say that I agree w/Blondie. AN ILLUSION OF GOODNESS

Seeker4 - The experiences you had w/different friends I can relate to, but I found that those very friends would turn on you. They were conditional friends. And many were users.

The friends I have now - those terrible "worldly people" - have proven to be unconditional friends and don't stab me in the back or judge my decisions or actions. I don't feel that I have to be "on guard" w/them.

JUNI

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well...in the interest of making lemonade from lemons...

I always had something to do and someone to do it with on weekends. Usually large groups of someones.

I loved going out to eat after the ministry school meeting. Usually everybody was gone and we had the restaurant to ourselves...all 20 of us :)

We always went out to brunch after service on Saturdays, and Sundays too if the meeting was after that.

I actually loved, at least when I was single and still had a waistline...getting all dolled up for the meetings. Damn I was vain LOL!

I met my current husband at a JW congregation picnic which always were great fun. He looked hot in those tight white levis! And we have three amazing kids together who are wonderful people. And if I had to trade 13 years of my life back for those kids...Id do the yuck all over again to keep them. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit