What Did You LOVE About Being a Jehovah's Witness?

by Seeker4 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

IP:

Sorry man. I knew I was taking a chance posting that.

Oh, and in the poll, I was so torn I didn't vote. You look pretty good in the beard, but it does age one, as I found out last fall when I grew a remarkably attractive (in my demented state of mind) goatee (such an unattractive word for an often striking piece of personal grooming).

I decided to shave. You must make your own decision, though I had more grey in my beard than I have in my (still full head of) hair. Unlike you. Stick with the occasional cigar though. Quite attractive. (I must say at this point that I have no gay tendencies, though there would be nothing wrong if I did. I stand in solidarity with all my gay brethern and cistern.)

I must go to bed before the next glass of wine.

S4

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled

I loved the fact that my family loved me while I was a JW. That was all really.

Ah HECK......I always enjoyed singing all the corny songs and maybe changing a lyric or two to make my wife laugh. God that was bad!!!

oO(If you....keep your eyes......on the prize..........IN MY PANTS)......That one always made her laugh!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Leaving.

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

Hi Seeker4: Enjoy your posts very much....do you ever get to see your 3 kids?

K

• serendipity
    serendipity

Having all the answers and having the hope of living in a Paradise Earth without having to grow old and die.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I'll even start it. I loved some of the get-togethers we had. Lots of good food, good fun, dancing, singing, music, laughs, good friends. There are some really fond memories there.

While attending CAs and DCs could be boring, I enjoyed the evenings AFTER the program ended. Going out to eat with friends, having a few drinks and some interesting conversations.

I loved the travel that was available. I got to see Jamaica, Canada, Peru and lots of the US due to being a JW. It was fun.

All of the above except the travel destinations. We went to Poland as special delegates. Amazing experience. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Camping trips with scores of other JW's, and so much fun for the kids and the adults too.

I really thought we knew something the "others" didn't know, and that we had a true hope for our future. It really hurt to realize that one was also a big lie.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Japanboy:

I see one of my kids and his 4 kids (live close by) all the time, and I talk to another (and his daughter) frequently (he lives 3000 miles away). My JW daughter, 3 hours away, has talked and written to me one time in the last two years, though I have seen her two daughters a few more times. My daughter is angry at me, but still a great kid despite being a JW (now 31!!). She lets me see her 2 daughters, and I talk all the time with her JW husband.

Hamboozled - I also miss the singing. Perhaps as much as anything.

S4

• Arthur
    Arthur

I loved being asked over and over if I was married yet; and then being reminded how single sisters outnumber single brothers.

I loved getting to save seats at District Conventions.

I loved it at the District Conventions how we would clap every single time the speaker rose his voice.

I loved getting to watch 400 falsh bulbs go off during the dramas.

I loved having to look up a scripture in the book of Nahum during a talk; and by the time I found it, the brother had already finished reading it.

I loved watching old brothers give public talks that talked about sexual relations and watching them have to make up all kinds of euphemisms for sexual terminology.

Yes sir, . . . . . . . . . . . . those were the days

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled
    I loved being asked over and over if I was married yet; and then being reminded how single sisters outnumber single brothers.

I loved getting to save seats at District Conventions.

I loved it at the District Conventions how we would clap every single time the speaker rose his voice.

I loved getting to watch 400 falsh bulbs go off during the dramas.

I loved having to look up a scripture in the book of Nahum during a talk; and by the time I found it, the brother had already finished reading it.

I loved watching old brothers give public talks that talked about sexual relations and watching them have to make up all kinds of euphemisms for sexual terminology.

Yes sir, . . . . . . . . . . . . those were the days

Arthur,

Man.....I laughed at every single one of those!!!!! Good post!!!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I loved the fact that I could disasociate myself and still be young enough to make up for lost time! Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit