Do you look your age?

by Virgochik 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You know what is really funny? Not one person ever says they look 10 years older than they really are! Well, I'm not going to be the first. Everyone swears I look 10 years younger too. Sometimes they even make me show i.d. to prove it.

Cog

ps: I just realized that no one thinks they look 10 years older because people generally never go around telling others, "What? You're only 40? God! I could have sworn you were 50 or 60!" lol

• wednesday
    wednesday

amen to what Blondie said. It is how you feel that counts. If you feel energetic and happy, it will reflect on your face and belie your age.

• vitty
    vitty

Most people think im about 6 or 7 years younger than I am. I cant believe how my parents looked and acted at my age. I think the new middle age is now your fifties instead of your forties....................so im not there just yet...............

• dh
    dh

i'm 28, but people tend to peg me as a few years younger, usually people who are younger than me. when i was 23 i used to get thought of as being the age i am now, so it's funny, i've looked the same for a long time! i actually now think i look my age, and i think it's being healthy that makes you look better for your age, rather than younger than your age.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Everybody thinks I'm anywhere from 17 to 22, and a few very clean livers thing I'm 27. Only 3 people IRL have guessed my real age. I'm about to turn 25 in 3 weeks.

I want a pair of 30# dumbells as a gift :).

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I look every grey-haired second of it...and it doesn't bug me a bit.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm 47, but a lot of people meeting me for the first time assume I'm well under 40, which is ok by me. I've always looked youmger than I am, though I do have a few grey hairs now.

• KW13
    KW13

nah, i look older - i've been thought to be anything from 19-30's (no idea how but they thought i was my dads BROTHER?!?!?)

• karnage
    karnage

This is a very interesting topic. I was just thinking about this the other day. I too was raised in the truth and I never thought that I would be seeing old age. I am 37 and I look like I am 30. I'm not complaining at all! I feel blessed that I have the wisdom that I have and still look the way that I do.

• Terry
    Terry

A thought just struck me....

By what standard do any of us measure age or LOOKING our age?

The media are filled with photos of women under twenty. Actors are filled with bo-tox and silicon.

Everybody with an extra nickel has surgery now.

Where do we look to see a standard of aging that has a sense of reality to it?

The cosmetic repairs most people enact upon their features are to fool themselves first.

Can you say there is even a small percent of the population who doesn't color their hair?

Society is so busy engaging in the "fool thyself" game we've lost a collective sense of nature and especially human nature.

None of us want to look awful. But, age brings that in spades!

It is death last and deteriorating decay which precedes it.

You can paint a dead cat silver but it is still a dead cat!

That's my cheerful observation for the day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit