Do you look your age?

by Virgochik 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Not one of us thought we'd finish high school before the big "A". Now it's some twenty-six years later. wow... About seven years ago I stopped getting carded at the grocery store, so it seemed at thirty-seven, I finally started to look thirty. I still get the comments saying I look and act seven to ten years younger. And no, I do absolutely nothing healthy. It's all good genes. Well except the tooth genes...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    NO, people tell me I look like I'm in my 30's. I,m in my 50's.

I concur. Howzit man?

• acadian
    acadian

ip-sec, All is good mon, two more days and off to "Reggae on the River" get to meet OFG from this board.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm ususally told I look younger, and have heard 17 frequently! I've been carded buying lotto tickets. Co-workers are shocked that I have kids. I don't mind, since I do hope this continues 20 years from now.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan I would NEVER guess you were 61 I hope I look as good at 61.

Thank you so much. I occasionally will meet people my age and wonder if I look as old as they do. My grandmother was 60 when I was born and was completely gray headed, and quite fat. When my mother was 60, she looked 40.

My husband is 62 and two of our sons are 40 and 42. They all work together in our business, and thier customers always think they are brothers. Dave shaved his beard this summer and now he looks even younger. He has a full head of auburn hair, with very little gray. His beard was quite gray though, so that's the difference.

I have very little gray too, but color my hair.............one of our daughters in law is a hair stylist and she keeps it looking really good.

An interesting situation is that when I was 16 or 17, I was always mistaken for being in my 20's. Now it's going the other way. Maybe it's an attitude after all.

• Princess
    Princess
    Thank you so much. I occasionally will meet people my age and wonder if I look as old as they do. My grandmother was 60 when I was born and was completely gray headed, and quite fat. When my mother was 60, she looked 40.

~crossing my fingers~

These are the latest pictures I could find on my computer. I'm on the right in the pic with the three women. I'm older than both of them. I still get carded fairly regularly, but I think they are just being nice.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, it must be sometthing in the apostate water - you all look pretty darn good to me . No sign of weeping and "gnashing the teeth " eh?

Perhaps this board attracts the young at heart. I reckon that FHN has got it sussed

I look for simple pleausures like wild flowers and lightening bugs, moonlight. I think that being a forgiving soul helps. I'm not perfect at it, but I fogive 98% of the people in my life.

Btw . People have often said that I look younger than my age .. Mind you, I have not heard it so much lately.. Either people are not so observant as they used to be, or maybe? ..well ,lets not go there!

Blues (of the growing older not so gracefully class!)

• Warlock
    Warlock

I doesn't make any difference how old you are.

When those around you, in public, start looking younger, look the same age as your kids, and start calling you "Sir" it's all over.

I don't look bad for 105. People always say I look around 45 or 46.

Warlock

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I got out when I was abot 21 so I don't feel like I lost much. As far as looking older, I don't really care about trying to stay young looking forever. I definitely want someday to be a grandma and look the part.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I must admit I don't do anything to stay looking young even though no can believe (just by looking) that I am as old as I am.

I can never remember being upset with being my age. If anything when I was younger and in the "truff" I wanted to be older so I could be out on my own. Now I enjoy my age and my newly appearing grays. I actually made it this far in life and am happier and healthier then I have ever been before.

Staying young is definitly not something I want to do. I want to continue to enjoy each and every moment and as I get older ... I just get older ... not big deal and no big loss.

I will be 36 this year .... yippee ... with the battle scares of coming out of the 'borg' and the growth pains of this journey - I am just ecstatic to be alive and to be able to enjoy every moment of it to the fullest.

Smiles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit