Do you look your age?

by Virgochik 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I always get taken for younger because I'm short and younger still if I don't have my makeup on.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

tsk tsk Mysterious, wearing makeup at 2 1/2 years old

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

So far, I've gathered some useful tips! IP-SEC, a beer a day is supposed to be good for a person's heart, so you're on to something! Mysterious suggests shades to keep the eyes youthful, especially fashion shades, right?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Virgo, keeping a youthful outlook, laughing, counting blessings...all of those help.

You can't beat genetics and Nivea coenzyme q10 day cream with sunscreen from Wal-mart for around ten bucks makes a difference. I drink a lot of Britta water pitcher filtered water everday. I don't smoke anything and I rarely, rarely have any alcohol. I appreciate cute things like puppies, kittens, babies, etc. I look for simple pleausures like wild flowers and lightening bugs, moonlight. I think that being a forgiving soul helps. I'm not perfect at it, but I fogive 98% of the people in my life.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

A facelift and blephorplasty (eyes) 4 years ago is the very, very best $10,000 I have ever spent. Been grateful ever since that I did not put it off. I also exercise, eat healthy, keep weight under control, drink lotsa water and try to dress cute.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I've been told I look a few years younger than i am. On my last birthday, someone asked me if i was 29. Awww gee,...Surprising considering the lifestyle I've led,....lol

Now i eat better, drink lots of water instead of coffee, walk to work most days, go biking (recently bought one) cut my alcohol intake to weekends only, stopped smoking dope every day. Better late than never,...;-)

Playing in rock bands keeps me young. Being kind to peoples keeps me young. Breathing deep in the moment keeps me young. Appreciating the good things in my life keeps me young.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Well............I'm almost 61 but most people are really surprised I am that old. A few weeks ago, a woman asked if I was 55 yet, so I could get the senior discount. That was cool. I asked for the senior discount at a theater a year or so ago, and had to show my ID.

I am a bit overweight, so I think that plumps out any wrinkles I may have. But my mother is 94 and looks about 75.

My father went with us to New York City in 1992 and was 80. He asked for the senior discount to go on the elevator to the top of the World Trade Center and he had to show ID that he was over 65. The girl showed him to everyone.

I think it's in my genes too, at least I hope so.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I had someone ask if I was done high school yet. Didn't believe me when I said I was going to be 31 this year.

Most people think that I'm in my early twenties. Works for me ;P

I don't really do anything except have a good mositurizer and drink a lot of water.

Dams

• Terry
    Terry

I've been lucky enough to keep my hair and avoid a beer gut. I'm 6'4" and was way too skinny my whole life. Now that I'm older I've gained weight which I feel is just blubber, but; luckily--it makes me look closer to "normal".

So, if I avoid the wrong lighting and don't stay up too late I'd say I look at least three weeks younger than my actual age!!

So there!

Physically I feel about the way I did when I was 18. I have incredible stamina and only seem to fade at around 2 a.m. after getting up at 7 a.m. I don't know how long this will last though.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm usually guessed 10 years younger. But my hubbie has gotten the senior discount a couple times. I don't worry about looking my age, I just want to feel younger than I do some times. Your mental outlook is more important....there are days when I don't feel any older than 25 and some days I feel 125.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit