BE AFRAID OF THE ELDERS!!!

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The elders now have the right to be involved in every facet of a Witnesses' life! They want your phone numbers, cell numbers, they are to be inquired of if you want to take a sh*t. These "good" men will turn into power hungry masters, if they are not already. The Society is taking control over EVERY JW!

• JH
    JH

Did they get new powers recently.

That sounds like a dictatorship....

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

When I served as an elder and was the book study conductor, Watchtower conductor, etc. I had the name, addresses and phone numbers of every one in the congregation. I knew who went out in service and how many hours they put in. I had knowledge of the good, the bad, and the ugly. But now they can call your cell phone 24/7. Keeping tabs on you every minute of the day if they want to.

Blueblades

• JH
    JH

I pay 30 cents a minute for my cell phone calls, so if they knew my cell number and if they called me, I'd tell them to pay that for each minute they pest me.

• blondie
    blondie

Don't give the elders your cell#. If you have a landline and it is already listed in the book or online, give it to them. But not your cell #.

Or give them the number of some interesting business.......like the local strip joint.

I work with the public and have had people put that down as their number...was I surprised when I called it.

Blondie

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    I pay 30 cents a minute for my cell phone calls, so if they knew my cell number and if they called me, I'd tell them to pay that for each minute they pest me.

you have to pay to receive calls? Is this something new?

• JH
    JH

Well, I buy a card from Bell, called Bell Mobility here in Canada, and it costs 25$ and lasts 2 months or so many minutes of calling, no matter if I make or recieve a call. So yes, each time I receive a call, I pay for it.

So, basically it only costs me 12$ a month to use my cell phone, as long as I don't talk too much...lol

• blondie
    blondie

Just tell the elders, it better be a natural disaster if they call you.

I doubt that the elders will be calling every day to check up on you unless they think you are doing something to be DF'd for.

Just don't give them your cell #..........are you going to give them $500 every time they demand it....I know that out of 100 JWs there is only one that dumb, well, maybe one out of 200.

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    These "good" men will turn into power hungry masters, if they are not already.

Makes me glad to away from all that crap.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***That sounds like a dictatorship....***
    No, JH, it sounds like a cult that's becoming more extreme by the day. Next step -- Jaracz-town and Kool-aid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit