BE AFRAID OF THE ELDERS!!!

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Minimus:

But why be in the club if you didn't expect to go along with its rules?

My sarcasm meter is broken today so although I suspect you of it, I'm not certain.

In most clubs you know the rules beforehand, and they rarely change during your membership. The Dub Club is all about the stuff no-one evr tells you before hand and you are not permitted to ask about after.

It's about ever changing dogma and a "you better like it or else" attitude.

Was that what you meant?

• blondie
    blondie

And even if the rules do change, the whole membership is made aware of the possible new rules, discussion ensues, then a vote is taken.

• minimus
    minimus

My point is that when you become a JW---esp. if you're not born into it, like I was, you KNOW that the elders, Organization and others EXPECT that you will follow the rules. Even if the rules are revised, the group is expected to do whatever they're asked. And if you WANT to stay with the group (your friends and family), you'll do what's expected of you......Now, I believe the JW religion is a cult and those that are Witnesses are cultists. But the vast majority of Witnesses are sooooooooo mind controlled, they CAN'T refuse a "request". Getting back to the comparison of the club, being an elder is just like being in a big boy's club or fraternity. Even if you disagree, you work with "the body" of good ole boys that may be watching your back when you need him.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I say give 'em one of those sex/pay by the minute numbers. They would prob like it anyway, and you might get them to get so pent up they would do the big dirty with the wrong person, and viola - you have helped some one out of the org.

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    My point is that when you become a JW---esp. if you're not born into it, like I was, you KNOW that the elders, Organization and others EXPECT that you will follow the rules.

Most of my problems were with the unwritten rules. I once asked an elder to show me where in the bible or Live Foreverâ„¢ book it said that moustaches were permitted in Islington congregation but not in Renforth congregation. He couldn't show me, so I didn't shave it off, and I was labelled "rebellious" ever since. Of course, this wasn't brought to my attention until after my baptism cult initiation rite.

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    My point is that when you become a JW---esp. if you're not born into it, like I was, you KNOW that the elders, Organization and others EXPECT that you will follow the rules. Even if the rules are revised, the group is expected to do whatever they're asked. And if you WANT to stay with the group (your friends and family), you'll do what's expected of you......

No doubt in my mind, Min.

One time I was in service, finished a bible study with a person. I was filling in for another pioneer who was out of town. I mentioned to the group that I was recording a return visit for the call that day. The next two hours were filled with quotes and references to the "Organization" book and various other publications trying to determine if I was right in so doing - since technically I had not ever actully met the guy before - and therefore it was not a 'return visit' for me personally. I was even addressed about the issue a week later by a couple know-it-all elders trying to set me straight on the matter.

They make mountains out of legal molehills, but ignore and swallow camel-like doctrine without question. These people are nuts I tell you.

Jeff

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

I personally have never given an elder my phone number out of obligation i had a relationship with them as a friend on a casual bases. its really a shame the majortiy of you viewed them with fear, as a position of authority. i exchanged numbers because i wanted to not out of cowardice. On the flip side though if you really want to see control issue try living as a bethelite

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    On the flip side though if you really want to see control issue try living as a bethelite

When I first joined the JWs I considered going to bethel. My first tour of the Canadian bethel brought me back to my senses. Even without the control issues, I couldn't tolerate having a room mate. I like my privacy too much.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit