What is the "Unforgivable Sin?"

by mkr32208 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Core88
    Core88

"In my family, I believe the unforgivable sin to be....Baptism. My sister and brothers did the same things I did, but because they weren't baptized, my parents still talk to them." Good point Lisa!

• anewme
    anewme

Anyone of the other sheep cannot sin against the holy spirit because THEY NEVER RECEIVE HOLY SPIRIT!
    How can you grieve something you never have had?

Only the anointed can do that since they have Gods spirit with them.

We are always forgiven and they must come and find us and bring us home as lost sheep.

B-a-a-a-a-a-a-a!

• Core88
    Core88

Mkr32208, um you might want to stop lieing about all the fucked up stuff you claim to have done. It seems easy for me to see but if you were'nt being "tongue and cheek" about all the events you said that have happened, and actually told the truth, to the elders. You would be disfellowshiped right now and not be in the limbo type "hell" you desribe, then you would have relief from the problem you seem to have. Core88

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Core- None of the things I said were lies! NOT ONE! By tongue in cheek I mean I wanted the solutions to the problem to be funny as well as serious! For instance slapping the Po's wife wouldn't be unforgivable, I know that but it would be a funny suggestion! On the other hand saying blasphemous things would be unforgivable either because it's only unforgivable as long as the guys you SAID it to could remember you saying it! For instance if they can't even remember I got baptized when one of them PREFORMED the baptism how long will it take to forget that I said "Jesus is a twinkie?"

As to the other EVERYTHING I said happened DID happen! Did you mean I shouldn't have lied to the elders in the JC meeting? Where would the fun have been in that?!

and not be in the limbo type "hell" you describe

What limbo hell? I'm enjoying my life immensely I have a great life and am having a lot of fun! I've been out for YEARS! I've not set foot into a KH in 5 years! I just want everyone who's a witness who See's me on the STREET to think OH NO THERE GOES MISTER UNFORGIVABLE SIN! You know like an apostate badge of courage!

I was thinking about getting the shirt that says "I'M JEHOVAH" on the front, "AND YOU DIDN'T WITNESS SHIT" on the back! And wearing it to the convention!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Anyone of the other sheep cannot sin against the holy spirit because THEY NEVER RECEIVE HOLY SPIRIT!

How can you grieve something you never have had?

Damn... Never thought of that... Back to the drawing board!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Funny but my brother who was never babtized can smoke drink fail drug test constantly bad mouth the organization to his hearts content and the family is fine with him... Good thing I was never babtized either right!

• Robdar
    Robdar

If, and that's a big IF, God breathed into Adam and he became a living soul, then Adam and his offspring, carry God's Spirit within us. After having thought about the subject for a very long time, I came to the conclusion that the sin against the Holy Spirit is not loving your life and living it to your fullest ability.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

So the only unforgivable sin is to BE A WITNESS!!!!

Damn this just gets worse and worse for me cause' I ain't doin' THAT again!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Here's the offical word from God's spokesman on the subject:

*** it-1 p. 862 Forgiveness ***

However, there is “a sin that does incur death,” sin against the holy spirit, a deliberate practice of sin for which there is no forgiveness

it-2 pp. 968-969 Sin, I ***

What is unforgivable sin?

Knowledge brings greater responsibility. Pilate’s sin was not as great as that of the Jewish religious leaders who turned Jesus over to the governor, nor that of Judas, who betrayed his Lord. (Joh 19:11; 17:12) Jesus told Pharisees of his day that if they were blind, they would have no sin, evidently meaning that their sins could be forgiven by God on the basis of their ignorance; however, because they denied being in ignorance, ‘their sin remained.’ (Joh 9:39-41) Jesus said they had “no excuse for their sin” because they were witnesses of the powerful words and works proceeding from him as the result of God’s spirit on him. (Joh 15:22-24; Lu 4:18) Those who, either in word or by their course of action, willfully and knowingly blasphemed God’s spirit thus manifested would be “guilty of everlasting sin,” with no forgiveness possible. (Mt 12:31, 32; Mr 3:28-30; compare Joh 15:26; 16:7, 8.) This could be the case with some who came to be Christians and then deliberately turned from God’s pure worship. Hebrews 10:26, 27 states that “if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.”

At 1 John 5:16, 17, John evidently refers to willful, knowing sin in speaking of “a sin that does incur death” as contrasted with one that does not. (Compare Nu 15:30.) Where the evidence indicates such willful, knowing sin, the Christian would not pray for the one so offending. God, of course, is the final Judge as to the heart attitude of the sinner.—Compare Jer 7:16; Mt 5:44; Ac 7:60.

Go my son and sin some more.

W.Once

• gumby
    gumby

Here's a version of it by little Freddie Franz himself shortly after the Bethel shakedown in the early 80's

Watchtower 1982 April 1 p. 27 Survival or Destruction at the "Great Tribulation"

Now, the Bible definitely shows that some end up in the symbolic Gehenna ( no chance of a ressurection ) before the 1,000-year Judgment Day begins. .......................... Similarly, unrepentant apostates go, at death, not to Sheol, or Hades, but to Gehenna....( everlasting destruction) (Hebrews 6:4-8; 2 Peter 2:1)

The same is true of dedicated Christians who persist in willful sin or those who "shrink back." (Hebrews 10:26-31, 38, 39) These are merely examples to show that some, even in "this system of things," have committed the sin for which there is no forgiveness, not even in the system of things "to come." (Matthew 12:31, 32; compare 1 John 5:16.) They will, therefore, not be resurrected.

Fred Franz and Jehovah were synonymous

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit