Society letter read to all congregations July 28,2006 !!

by headmath 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    I'm heading to the package store immediately.

Lawrence, Your too much man. I second the motion.

The Claw

• serendipity
    serendipity

Can someone scan this letter?

• heathen
    heathen
    I know is the Jws that I know are acting really weird lately

You mean even more weird than usual? Save up supplies , I thought jesus said do not worry about tomorrows needs or something to

that effect . There does seem to be alot people waiting on the end in one way or the other . I know I'm not impressed that the mid east

crisis has settled down . Those people start back up quicker than the UN can draw up peace plans.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    For the first time the society says in the letter to prepare for great tribulation and to have plenty of emergency supplies in case of a disaster.

Wow. I guess me, my wife, and my new baby (born or not) are going to be destroyed very, very soon. What a loving god that Jehovah is!

I think it's funny that they're resorting to these scare tactics to get their membership more active, and perhaps to bring back inactive ones. Then, when nothing happens, they'll just say "Jehovah's true Christain followers shouldn't speculate on when the great tribulation is coming, but be excited that it is close at hand!"

Also, my uncle is a mormon. I recall him saving up non-perishable food items in the mid 1980s for the mormon armageddon to come. The JWs are now following suit.

Yeah, and WTF happened to relying on Jehovah to provide?

The JWs are really a sad bunch, aren't they?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Pay no attention to this reply. Attention: Pay no attention to this reply.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    I'll stock up... papers, lighters, wine, beer and booze.

Yeah...I'm with lawrence. I'll add in all the weed and oxicodone I can get my hands on. Might as well be spacing out when the end comes.

cathy l.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm heading to the package store immediately. I'll stock up... papers, lighters, wine, beer and booze. Then, when the BIG T comes, I'll have plenty for the brothers and sisters.

Lawrence, you should see if you can get brother Prince to come over and sing "two thousand zero zero, party over, out of time, I'm going to party like it's 1999".

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Worldly agencies like the Red Cross and the United Nations that the Watchtower detest have urged disaster preparedness for years

American Red Cross - Be Prepared

Pre-disaster preparation checklists and advice for individuals and businesses.
    www.redcross.org/services/disaster/beprepared/ - 1k - Cached - Similar pages

American Red Cross
    Be Prepared - American Red Cross Preparedness Information. Disaster can strike quickly and without warning. It can force you to evacuate your neighborhood ...
    www.redcross.org/services/ disaster/0,1082,0_500_,00.html - 24k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.redcross.org ]

Prepare.org | Preparedness Information on the Web

Preparedness information for vulnerable populations, including seniors, children, ... Picking Up the Pieces After a Disaster · The Red Cross Responds to the ...
    www.prepare.org/ - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Prepare.org | People with Disabilities (index page)
    Additional Links · TEXT-ONLY SECTION · Red Cross.org ... Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities: A comprehensive guide designed to help people ...
    www.prepare.org/disabilities/disabilities.htm - 9k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.prepare.org ]

Disaster Preparedness for Pet Owners (the Watchtower don't give two shits about pets)

The Red Cross is the leading volunteer driven organization in the country. We empower people to prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies in our ...
    www.redcross-cmd.org/Chapter/Services/animal.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

Disaster Preparedness - San Diego/Imperial Counties American Red Cross

Your Disaster Supplies Kit. DISASTER KITS ... DISASTER PREPAREDNESS. Preparing For The Unexpected ... American Red Cross Disaster Services ...
    www.sdarc.org/disaster - 12k - Cached - Similar pages
  • Anitar
    Anitar

Does anybody find it weird that we find out about these things sooner than the majority of the rank and file?

Does that mean we have better resources or that they are just de-sensitized, like it's just another day in the "truth?"

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    its not just the jw's .. tonight or tommorow night on cnn they're having a program on how many religions are saying this is the beginning of the big A.

It is on right now on CNN, it is 4:48 pacific time. They got the nerd Hagee on. He is no theologian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit