Society letter read to all congregations July 28,2006 !!

by headmath 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• headmath
    headmath

I got news of this from the JW grape vine today that at the meeting on thursday(yesterday) there was a letter read to all the congregations from the society. For the first time the society says in the letter to prepare for great tribulation and to have plenty of emergency supplies in case of a disaster. This has shaken the up the JWs it seems. Since this news is only 1 day old maybe some of you sneaky exJWs could get a copy of that letter and post it here. All I know is the Jws that I know are acting really weird lately

• headmath
    headmath

Whoops I meant the letter was read on Thursday July 27,2006 Sheesh!

• luna2
    luna2

Kind of amusing in a sad sort of way. They are really pushing for Big Things to happen this year. Wonder what they will say next year after a year full of nothing but business as usual? Think the dubs will notice that they've been played again?

• I_am_an_idiot
    I_am_an_idiot

Our P.O. is a very close family member and he has not receive any such letter.

• hubert
    hubert

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The Watchtower needs to set a date for Armagheddon (or close to one) to keep the R+F on their toes.

Looks like they are complying.

Hubert

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I haven't seen the letter, but I wouldn't mind betting it's the usual wts scare tactics to try and get the r&f wound up. They want more of them out selling the literature, so they implant an idea that the end is real close, and their anxiety to get through armageddon does the rest, suckers.

• juni
    juni

I remember in the ' 70s when there were shortages of different food stuffs and different ones were storing up stuff. Society came out and said for us not to do this that Jehovah would provide and really you were setting yourself up for "wicked worldlings" to raid your house for your stored items.

Now they're encouraging it? That's odd. What happened to relying on God to provide? And who says you are going to be able to stay in the comforts of your home if the Big A comes? I also remember a CO saying that when the Big A comes we'll not be watching it on our color TVs, but in the thick of it w/ God's protection.

Are they changing their policy now? Stock up food and stay tuned.....................

Juni

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I second that the JWs are acting stranger these days. A family member called especially concerned over the Lebanon/Isreali conflict, global warming, terroristss, hurricanes, ..... Would not calm down.

"It's the end of the world and we know it, and I feel fine."

Skeeter

• headmath
    headmath

That letter was read in the congregations of British Columbia Canada. I Imagine the letter was read in other countries as well.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

With the very bad weather conditions of last year and who knows what this year will bring, I'd look at the letter as a heads up and be prepared. Of course many dubs would look at this as gearing up for the Great Tribulation fueled by more "food" from the FDS. Oh welI, guess some things never change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit