For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

thirdwitness, you still haven't responded to my question.

steve

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Who really are the masters of deception?

Considering that you have caricatured my position and that you have selectively quoted me (and AlanF) in your last post, I have to say YOU .

• AlanF
    AlanF

As usual, thirdwitless, you prove yourself a disgusting, gross liar. You've deliberately misrepresented my arguments and those of other posters, as Leolaia has shown.

Now let's see you put your money where your mouth is. Answer my challenge to you in the thread "Why the Watchtower Society Interprets Genesis Non-Literally": http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118096/1.ashx

JW lurkers will likely be waiting with baited breath for your next installment of lies and evasions of the facts.

AlanF

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    AlanF: JW lurkers will likely be waiting with baited breath for your next installment of lies and evasions of the facts.

This is completely off topic, but I was wondering whether you are suggesting that JW lurkers have been masticating nightcrawlers or red wigglers? You did say "baited" breath, right?

OW! Hey, I was just kidding!

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Yes it is off topic. This is a topic about the Neo-Babylon Kings and 587 Vs 607. NO doubt because you have failed to accomplish your purpose in disproving the 40 year desolation of Egypt it is time for a subject change.

If you want to discuss something so simple and basic as the 6 days of creation I would have to bring up the kindergarden kids for the debate. But really I do not have any desire nor the time to discuss such a simple and basic teaching of the Bible.

We know it is not literal 24 hour days. The Bible does not call for it to be literal 24 hour days and this has been easily proven in the WT publications. My advice to you is to read them along with your Bible or search out JWs in your area and ask for a home Bible study.

My purpose is to get the true information out there that apostates use most to try to mislead people. The holy trinity of the apostates as it were: Child abuse policy of JWs, NGO, and 607.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: My purpose is to get the true information out there that apostates use most to try to mislead people.

Deceitful. Corrected version follows:

My purpose is to get the true Watchtower Society's information out there that apostates use challenge most to try to mislead educate people.

No need to thank me. I am looking forward to what will (no doubt) be a thorough treatment of the Hillah Stele, particularly since you will have no Watchtower Society viewpoint to uphold in your exposition of this contemporary evidence.

AuldSoul

• AlanF
    AlanF

thirdwitess wrote:

: If you want to discuss something so simple and basic as the 6 days of creation I would have to bring up the kindergarden kids for the debate. But really I do not have any desire nor the time to discuss such a simple and basic teaching of the Bible.

The Bible, read literally, clearly states that the entire universe and everything in it were created in six literal days. Any other interpretation is non-literal, by definition.

: We know it is not literal 24 hour days.

How do you know? Because "science says so", according to the Society.

: The Bible does not call for it to be literal 24 hour days and this has been easily proven in the WT publications. My advice to you is to read them along with your Bible or search out JWs in your area and ask for a home Bible study.

Actually, in the next couple of days I'm going to post a thorough analysis of the September 2006 Awake!, which is, simply put, deceptive in its misrepresentation of what the Bible really says. Again, the Society's basis for its non-literal interpretation is that science proves conclusively that the universe and life on earth is billions of years old. In other words, based not on the Bible but on science, the Society determines that some interpretations are literal. But it inconsistently ignores science whenever science gets in the way of some cherished basic doctrine, like the Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses: "Thou shalt view the words of the Governing Body as if Jehovah himself were speaking." That doctrine is based entirely on the 1914 nonsense; hence the dermination of braindead cult members to defend it.

AlanF

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    NO doubt because you have failed to accomplish your purpose in disproving the 40 year desolation of Egypt it is time for a subject change.

And yet, your still unwilling to answer my question.

steve

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Wow thirdwitness, you did see my questions. When do you plan to respond to them?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Another thirdwitness post lacking logic and completely missing the point.

The problem is not that you list a summary of possible reasons why Egypt's 40 years of desolation were not fulfilled in a literal sense, but in your illogical, selective, and intellectually dishonest approach in responding to arguments raised.

So, in answer to your question, you win the 'masters of deception award', with 'scholar' as runner-up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit