For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThirdWitness,

My purpose is to get the true information out there that apostates use most to try to mislead people. The holy trinity of the apostates as it were: Child abuse policy of JWs, NGO, and 607.

This may be your aim, but so far in the numerous posts that you have made all you have accomplished is to prove yourself :

1) A liar.

2) Illogical and vain.

3) Deceitfull.

4) Intellectually compromised.

5) Of late desperate.

I presume that neither yourself or the self-ordained Scholar, who at this stage must be rather embarrassed by your perfomance, has the courage to take up my offer of a public, international debate dealing with Biblical inconsitencies?

I will bring my thread to to top each day as a reminder to all onlookers of your inability to defend the Bible which you claim to be the irrefutable word of God. My challenge is plainly put, and simple to understand - if you have difficulty with this scenario, please post to this Board why that is so. At least this way JW lurkers might find some solice in your excuses.

Are you willing to enter a debate regarding Biblical inconsitencies? I can prove to you that the Bible is NOT a book that can be relied upon chronologically, historically, or scientifically.

HS

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, HS, but.....the book is still a great stick of literature.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Gnat,

Yeah, HS, but.....the book is still a great stick of literature.
    It certainly is. It also brings many spiritual comfort and contentment in their lives. My premise, and one which I am prepared to prove, is that the Bible is unreliable as a book of history, science and chronology. If and when I am afforded the opportunity to prove such, the blinkered gibberings of ThirdWitness and Scholar reagrding the wishful thinking of WTS chronology immediately become a moot point. They may be able to show me that a person, one of numerous men who hailed themselves as Christ in the early C1st, taught us to love people in the unique spirit of agapeon, but they will never be able to undo the fact that this same person also paid homage to numerous scientific falsehoods. HS
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Let's get this thread back on-topic, folks.

• rassillon
    rassillon

thirdwitness, you are one of the biggest idiots that I have ever had the displeasure to come across.
    I know I am calling names, I do this because you have lied - construed - misrepresented - acted dishonestly - etc - etc - etc
    You do not know how to discuss something is a reasonable manner. Everyone was civil with you until you repeatedly ignored valid points that they made and important questions which required you to answer. You continued to reply with poor summerization of others arguments and that make a poor reply to that.

In another prophecy about Tyre Ezekiel said Tyre would never be rebuilt but it was, therefore since the Tyre prophecy is figurative then the Egypt prophecy must be figurative.

Rassillion said: The prophecy about Tyre did not get fufilled during this time period. In fact the Insight book indicates it did not until several hundred years later.

WHY then do you claim that this 40 years for Egypt must be fufilled during this time period.

AlanF concurs: The reason is that every possible way cannot contravene the simple fact that a literal fulfillment of a crucial part of the prophecy about Tyre failed, and that once that is established, all bets about the "40 year prophecy" for Egypt are off. And AlanF says: Now, if there exists in a Bible book an unambiguous prophecy whose fulfillment ("the city will never be rebuilt") can be directly observed today to be false (the city exists as a vibrant community), then other prophecies in that book that are contradicted by solid historical data are extremely likely to be false, or they were never intended to be fulfilled literally. Ezekiel's "40 year prophecy" is a case in point.... You're well aware that you cannot wiggle away from the simple fact that Ezekiel's prophecy about the ultimate fate of Tyre was false, and therefore that everything else he prophesied is called into question.

Jeffro: He is pointing to the fact that there is no reason to take the 40 years as a literal period applied specifically to Egypt, just as there is no reason to take Tyre's 70 years as a literal period applied specifically to Tyre.

In the above poor attempt to prove yourself correct you LIE and IMPLY about what me and others were ASKING YOU. You said we are saying something MUST be happening. When we are ACTUALLY ASKING you to explain WHY you say something else MUST be despite the evidence that similar prophecy in the SAME book was figurative.
    YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE
    YOE DON'T DARE HAVE AN HONEST DISCUSSION

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

YOU ARE A LIAR SEE ABOVE

Edited by request.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

OK, that's enough.

Thread locked.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

ALL:

This thread has been locked for twenty-four hours which hopefully has given all posters to this thread time to cool down and ready to resume an evenly tempered discussion.

Please comply with Posting Guidelines especially #1 "Insulting, threatening or provoking language".

We will all enjoy reading the posts so much more.

Thanks.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ozzie,

Can you edit out the huge lettering in the post of Rasillon above - it is very annoying.

One of the most regretful designs in the software on this discussion board imho, is to allow a facility to adjust the font. I have yet to see it used sensibly and allows 'shouting' with too much ease.

HS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rasillon,It`s only a debate,don`t get so worked up.Now calm down and have a nice day..ozzie,I agree with hs,could you please edit the repeditave screaming..Thanks ...OUTLAW

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

I believe the large letters above should be allowed to stand. It demonstrates the mindset of those who cannot overcome reason and serves as a testimony to all the lengths that some posters will display to hide truth. In short,

If you can't overcome the logic of the person then attack the person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit