To all who still attend JW meetings

by Stealth 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

For any who still attend meetings,

Do you still put donations in the contribution box?

If you do and don't have an issue with disclosing, how much each month?

When I still attended, I stopped donating to the WWW and only gave to the local congregation funds. Then I stopped giving to the WT and started donating to other charities like the red cross, local food bank and habitat for humanity.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

where are you going with this, I wonder? And NO, haven't for many many many many many many years.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi stealth,

I used to contribute about $40/yr to cover the mags, WT CD and books. I donated more than that to charity on a regular basis. I haven't contributed anything yet this year, but probably to cover the literature.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Why do you want to know?

And no, I'm da'd so don't attend the kh. I stopped contributing a few months before I left.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, but only to the local cong (maybe 30-40 per month).

Rub a Dub

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I haven't donated one penny for years now. Don't plan to either. They can sell off their prime Brooklyn Heights property if they need money, they're not getting any of my hard earned cash.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    where are you going with this, I wonder?

no where really. I don't evern care about the amount other than curiosity.

Another thread about asking for $8 per pub for COs made me wonder if people still can give once they know what a sham the org is.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have not gone to the meetings for several years. However, I was the account servant for many many years. What I discovered was that most people do not contribute. The money we received each month usually came from the same few people who contributed a significant ($100-200 per month) amount.

So if you were never one of those few contribitutors you are not missed at the hall.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Why do you want to know?

See previous post for answer.

And no, I'm da'd so don't attend the kh. I stopped contributing a few months before I left.

If you read the question, it was to those who still attend but know it's not the truth. Thanks for the response though.

• Stealth
    Stealth

the same few people who contributed a significant ($100-200 per month) amount.

Did they always write checks so the elders knew who the big givers were? So much for giving gifts in secret. I always donated in cash no matter if big or small.

So that would explain why they have not come around asking me to return to the hall.

My last 6 months I did not even contribute for the literature that I took.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit