Last Assembly ever!

by montana96 34 Replies latest watchtower medical

• lesterd
    lesterd

Yea, I was born in 45 and my mom said I'd never start school before Armagedon.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Last one for me was 1999. However, I will return to the District Convention as soon as they release the book entitled, "Millions Now Living Are Laughing At Us!"

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I was born in 75, this system of things will end before I enter grade school, ok this system will end before I enter High School, no well ok This system will end before I graduate! This system will end before I ever get a car, get married, buy a house, don't worry about 401K because we will not be alive to enjoy our golden years.

Too bad we can't bet on this in Vegas, I'll put $50 down on the system not ending by the end of this year, ok double my bet for next year, just keep doing this till retirement, I will buy bethel and tear it down, and build a park and name it Pagan's Playground

• undercover
    undercover
    Yea, I was born in 45 and my mom said I'd never start school before Armagedon.

A friend of mine turned 50 this year. I remember when I was still in my teens and he turned 20, his parents told the story of how they were ridiculed in the congregation for having a baby so close to Armageddon.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

"This system could end this summer." my mother said in 1984. She was a pioneer at the time and I was in between 2nd and 3rd grade. She quit pioneering in 1986 and quit the meetings all together shortly after that. Started up again for a short time in 1992, but knew deep down something wasn't right. She was right.

• parakeet
    parakeet

That's why I call the JW religion the "drug" of choice for emotionally dependent people. They go to the DC, get stoked up on the "end of this system" talk, and sit there in an indoctrinated stupor, enjoying their high of temporary certainty that they'll soon be living in the new order. The colors! The colors!

• heathen
    heathen

I'd just like to know how many of you would go running back if the UN does end up being completely annihilated as they state as being one of the WTBTS long standing prophesy and also an original one that nobody else has ever come up with ? I notice more and more political comentators with more and more hatered of the the UN because of all the corruption . It was the UN would devour the harlot or IMO the catholic church , then goes off into destruction .

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I'd just like to know how many of you would go running back if the UN does end up being completely annihilated as they state as being one of the WTBTS long standing prophesy and also an original one that nobody else has ever come up with ?

Go running back to an organization that was and still is involved with the UN???? I don't understand the logic of that one at all!!!

Swalker

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    That was my last too, FullOfDoubtNow. I was DFd at the time, and spending the convention, sitting in my car, listening to the program over the radio at the Pontiac Silverdome, with my laptop out, researching the many things that had begun to bother me.

Confession - that is the best possible place to be when attending a convention or event at the Silverdome. Park the car close to the exit and get out of there before the crowd emerges. Wifey and I attended a special program there once in 2001. We were two hours getting out of the PL afterwards. We listened to Herd and Lett rattle on for hours about nothing. It was also one of those 'special announcement' BS sessions.

Jeff

• Confession
    Confession

You got that right, Jeff. I attended the Silverdome from 1978 (the first year they had it there; an international convention) until 2004. Sixteen years of crowded, un-air-conditioned humidity. Ah well, it could've been worse. Not long before then it was Tiger Stadium.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit