I'm Sorry

by Lo-ru-hamah 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Yesterday, my mother, sister, son (3 year old) and I were shunned for the first time by someone that it actually hurt to be shunned by. My little brother, who is still a very active JW, told us that he will never see us again. He won't speak to us, write us, or communicate with us again. I love him dearly and I am very sad at his decision.

This made me think back to the person that I was as a witness and the stands I would take as one and I just want to make a public apology to anyone an everyone. "I'm so very sorry."

I am no poet so I will quote Brenda Lee.

I'm sorry, so sorry
    That I was such a fool.
    I didn't know
    Love could be so cruel.

You tell me mistakes
    Are part of being young
    But that don't right
    The wrong that's been done.

[spoken]
    (I'm sorry) I'm sorry -
    (So sorry) So sorry.
    Please accept my apology,
    But love is blind,
    And I was to blind to see.

You tell me mistakes
    Are part of being young
    But that don't right
    The wrong that's been done.

I'm sorry, so sorry
    Please accept my apology
    But love was blind,
    And I was too blind to see.
    (Sorry)

Loruhamah

• juni
    juni

I can feel your pain Loruhamah. Just like your brother you only did what you were taught. How old is your brother?

Juni

• anewme
    anewme

Im sorry too Loruhamah, for you that is and what your brother said to you. You see it is a test of theirs to see how loyal they are to Jehovah. They are good people, but under the powerful spell of the Watchtower Org. We all at one time were cyborgs for them too.

Sad sad sad.

So now you must wait like the rest of us and let time go by to see how you can crack that brat's shield with your love!

Meantime you have us and our love and support Loruhamah!

Anewme

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Loruhamag,
    This HURTS - big time. Words fail... yet again.
    I still remember playing the Brenda Lee single on the portable grammophone we had at home thirty five years ago... It still holds a profound emotional significance to me. What a great song. Yes, I am sorry too...
    VG

• Warlock
    Warlock

All this pain suddenly broke out here.

Lo,

As has been told to me, and as I have told others, and will continue to be told on this website, we all did what we thought was right.

Those still in will continue to do the things that we used to do. It's not your fault, any more than it's the moons fault.

Warlock

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Juni: If I tell how old my brother is then I give away than I am older than I like to admit but here it goes, he is 30.

anewme, Van Gogh and Warlock, thank you for your kind understanding and replies.

Loruhamah

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is very sad, it hurts more than your brother can possibly know.

There is always hope that he may change his mind. My sister shunned me for 12 months, but speaks to me again. My mother called me for the first time this week since I was disfellowshipped.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

You only did what they taught you to do. No appologies necessary.

As for the hurt you are feeling because of the insensitive actions of your brother, I can only offer this...it gets a lot easier to deal with over time.

I've been shunned for more than 25 years. It still hurts, but not like it used to.

Peace

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am sorry too.

I never took the time to think about the life of the one being shunned. I was so busy being righteous by going to all the meetings, studying, service, etc. I thought hook line and sinker that the one who was disfellowshipped had outright refused to stop the sin they were committing and told the elders that they had not remorse nor intention of changing. I wondered from time to time how it could be that so many blatantly felt that way. Little did I know that sometimes it is at the whim of men who decide people's lives based on their personal feelings----or lack of---that people are df'd. Or the image of the organization, instead of wanting to help the person.

I always felt that the person had to have been worked with repeatedly and just refused to change. Now I know from experience that this is many times wrong.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Lohum,

I remember being that shitty to dfd ppl too. There's hope. I hope you can keep the door open for when he comes out of the fog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit