Have you had a Blood Transfusion?

by Wordly Andre 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

If you left the org. have you received a blood transfusion? For me yes, about 5 years ago I had to have an emergency operation I lost a lot of blood, and received blood, since it was an emergency I did have to make a choice, but I know if they asked me I would say yes, I probably wouldn't be here today if it was up to my family.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have had to have several 'iron infusions' which my mom is still convinced was a blood transfusion:)

She had to have emergency surgery and had stated to the doctors in my presence that she wouldn't take blood. My inactive, insane, alcoholic, compulsive, thrice divorced JW uncle interfered with the doctors and kept us from talking to her before she went into surgery and I know its because he thought we would somehow force blood on her. He can't keep anything in his own life right, but he is gonna make sure my mom survives armageddon if it kills her. Literally! This in spite of the fact that I was her next of kin and was the one who got her to the hospital. Because of her insurance she was transferred to another hospital and he somehow finageled himself as the head of the family(NOT-my mom loves him but has no trust in any bit of his judgement!) I was so pissed off I can barely speak to him to this day.

Sorry, I went WAY off track.-I WOULD get one if it were absolutely necessary, but because of disease, I would definitely have to be in a life/death situation to go there.

In spite of the stupidity of the doctrine behind the JW blood teachings, I do think it has done some good that their resistance helped force medicine to find other solutions. But way too many JWs have died to accomplish that.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I've had around four blood transfusions.

Ian

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Not yet, but if I need one, I will take it. As a nurse, I have started blood transfusions on many patients.

• bubble
    bubble

No I haven't but only because the need hasn't arisen. I wouldn't hesitate if I did ever need one though.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes, several factor transfusions....in order to save my life. I freak out because of the longstanding jw phobias, even though I know it's not logical....but being alive beats being dead any day.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I haven't had a blood transfusion, but if I needed one to save my life, I wouldn't hesitate to accept one.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No, because I haven't had the need for one. I wouldn't hesitate to take it, though.

One day, I will have to donate.

• blondie
    blondie

No, have never needed one.

• anewme
    anewme

I learned it here.....that blood is sacred in the scriptures because it is the symbol of life. But life is more sacred than blood.

Life should be saved and preserved and respected.

And no, no blood transfusion yet. But I would be very grateful for one if I needed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit