80% of Near Death Experiencers Can't Wear Watches...

by FMZ 70 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

Kudra,

The fact that you don't buy the "light at the end of the tunnel" thing could lead us down a slippery slope of "FMZ: I experienced it", "Kudra: Yeah, but I don't buy it, it was all in your head"... a discussion that happens daily on the internet, and a discussion to which there is no end, so let's just concentrate on the watch-stopping thing. ;) I agree, it is a possibility that it is due to the electrical impulses coming from our bodies. I'd like to hear further opinions on this, as I am not up too much on the electrical physiology of the human body. The only thing that makes me doubt this as a cause is what is usually associated with anomalous electrical impulses, i.e. epilepsy and muscle spasms. I'd think these would also manifest if there was enough actual current coursing through our bodies to stop a watch. But again, this is just my un-informed opinion. hehe

. FMZ

• Kudra
    Kudra

FMZ,
    I agree with the points that Jeffro brough up. Good on the perspiration on the skin surface having something to do with it.
    Also, I think that a person (you: -I assume you did the study...?) who believes in NDE, querying fellow believers in NDE who believe that their NDE can stop their watches is a little suspect...
    My OWN totally irrational thought is that I have some horrible effect on computers. I ALWAYS have problems with them in a day to day way and it is RIGHT BEFORE an important presentation that I have problems in particular. I have had like 4 important presentations and for THREE of them the computer has not saved stuff that it waid it did, the program strangely crashed or some other odd thing happened.
    Could this be explained by my high stress levels and extra sweat on my hands having an effect on the electronics??? Perhaps I am just more nervous and I make more mistakes than usual...
    Who knows? But its surely not supernatural stuff- you'd agree with that right?
    In the same way, I think that whatever is going on with these NDE folks- maybe they're high strung, have odd chemical balances, sweat more (?) or WHATEVER, but I think it is some physical reason that makes their watches act up...
    Whaddya say?

• Kudra
    Kudra

duplicate post

• gumby
    gumby
    I knew, I was looking down at myself from the ceiling. I could see my parents working to revive me. I was vaguely aware of a tunnel to my left, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

I do not doubt that there's a chance this could be something spiritual, but my feelings tell me this could be a mind play that the mind many times does if deprived of blood and oxygen to the point of death. The tunnel story is nearly always there. Which means what?

The person is always above himself when in reality, he perhaps see's himself above him but the mind is saying the perspective is coming from himself looking down on a situation he's going through. A mind trick.

Now...the watch thingy is weird and I have no answer for it.....but I wonder how many "other" similarities with experiences there are with those who have experienced a true NDE. Who knows...everyone that's had an out of the body experience might have their right nard that's hangs lower than the left one and ya never even noticed it! BTW...you oughta check yours right this minute young man and see.I might be right!

Gum-one-hung-lo (lefty)

• FMZ
    FMZ

Kudra:

Nope, I didn't do the study. The information was from: http://www.mindspring.com/~scottr/nde/watches.html

There are a number of people that have problems with electronics when under a lot of stress. If we open our minds just a little to the possibility that there may be some other form of energy swirling about our bodies, we could see how this could have an effect on any electronics in our immediate surroundings.

In the case of the watch, it may well be caused by impulses in the nervous system, combined with perspiration from the skin, as watches are in close contact with our skin, and almost always have a conductive metal plate on the back. However, in the case of a computer deciding to glitch at your most stressful moments... Really, do you think a little extra perspiration on your fingertips (do we even perspire from our fingertips?) could effectively conduct electrical impulses from your body, through the plastic keys on your keyboard, into your computer, and make it fail?

Just my humble ramblings ;)

FMZ

• Kudra
    Kudra

Huh. I dated a guy who had a "low left"... Now, he was a dyed in the wool skeptic/atheist buuuuut, he had a big old demonized ZODIAC WHEEL tattooed on his back. Could have opened him up to ALL sorts of demonic activity like NDEs... he never mentioned it. Good thing the nutsack never lies!
    ;)

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Damn, I gotta stop in and wave hi to gumby and kudra...

• FMZ
    FMZ

Gumbanickabollockov:

I'm glad ya asked mate... here is a very interesting article written by P.M.H.Atwater (L.H.D., Ph.D) about the very commonly occuring changes in people after NDEs. Seems stopping watches isn't the only thing that happens after an NDE: http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/anotherlook.html

As far as the "mind trick" thing goes... I agree, also a possibility, though evidence points to the contrary. There have been many reports of NDEers that have afterwards been able to accurately describe events that happened in the operating room while they were braindead. I have also read a couple of accounts of people that have seen things happen all around the hospital during the NDE, not just in the OR. Again, the evidence is anecdotal at best, and this is where beliefs come in, which are oh-so difficult to discuss. ;)

KJ

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh, I don't deny that there is some kind of electrical "field" around our bodies, just that it is in any way spiritual or paranormal. I have seen that in action where this ex sister (a JW at the time but later turned into a psycho) rubbed her hands over my body, did some sort of crazy muscle testing thing (eh, don't buy into that too much) and held one hand over my forehead and one over my belly button and pressed down on it. BUUUT she wasn't pressing down when I looked at my belly- her hand was ~2 inches over my skin and I felt the pressure. She said it was the electrical charge I felt. But I wouldn't base my acceptance of the electrical field surrounding our bodies on that experience. It was a long time ago etc, whatever. I do know that there are electrical currents in the brain, our hearts are stopped/started by electricity etc- that type of stuff is what convinces me.
    And the sweat was DRIPPING from my skin into the workings of the keyboard. Just kidding. It was probably a combo of the nervous mistakes I was making...

• FMZ
    FMZ

OFG:

No hi for me, eh? I see how you are :P

Kudra and Gumby:

I just checked, and my folks are evenly yoked. Though, my dangle does angle a little to the left. Time for a new study, methinks... Hmmm...

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit