80% of Near Death Experiencers Can't Wear Watches...

by FMZ 70 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

And I'm one of the 80%. I have had about 5 digital watches since my NDE when I was young. Every single one of them reset itself regularly. 2 of them I gave away because of the problems I had, and their new owners (my father and brother) never had a problem with the watches since.

It was only recently that I found out that many NDEers have the same problem as I do. In an informal study of 27 people that have had NDEs, 80% said they no longer wear a watch because it simply stops working, as opposed to 4% of non-NDEers that have problems with watches.

Has anyone here had a near-death experience, and if so, do you have problems with watches when you wear them?

I'll give my thoughts on what may cause this later when I have more time. I'll be interested in hearing what the skeptics think, also. ;)

Light, love and life to all you good people. (And some of the bad ones... hehe :P) FMZ

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I've never heard about that, interesting, I don't think I know anyone with a NDE

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, two years ago I had an accident on the highway and went spinning; I really thought I was gonna die...

But sure enough, I don't wear a watch anymore. There's no need, because I take my phone everywhere I go. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for. Nothing prevents me from wearing a watch. I just don't want to.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    It was only recently that I found out that many NDEers have the same problem as I do. In an informal study of 27 people that have had NDEs, 80% said they no longer wear a watch because it simply stops working, as opposed to 4% of non-NDEers that have problems with watches.

I'm not sure about the reliability of 'an informal study', or the veracity of the 21.6 respondants whose watches don't work, but I really don't want to start a debate about NDEs.

It is interesting though that some people (NDE or otherwise) seem to have higher-than-average trouble with electronic devices. I provide IT support for a large office, and there are some people - intelligent, computer literate people - who have no end of unexplained problems with their computers. The seemingly most reasonable speculation is that it has to do with static electricity - nerves do after all work electrochemically - and the moisture levels (or lack thereof) in some people's skin may make them more prone to interfering with electrical equipment. It's unclear though, if or how that might relate to NDEs.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Hi FMZ
    (Still waiting to hear about this:
    "Just think... one single experiment has recently shattered parts of the theory of relativity that scientists hold so dear (I'll get references if you would like), what next? The scientists with a vested interest in the materially-based philosophy of Western science obviously try to disregard the data provided, as it would hurt their wallets." -from the haunted apt thread.)
    But anyway... at the risk of "hurting my wallet" I totally have to disagree with the watch thing even though I know this woman (from Santa Cruz CA) who says every time she walks along the Santa Cruz boardwalk there are extremely high waves and she cannot wear a watch because her extreme electrical currents (???) prevent it from working...
    I don't know if she's had a "NDE" but I wouldn't doubt it. You say an informal study on the watches? Like on heresay from the "NDE" folks? Hmm.
    -K

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

No NDE to share, but I roomed with a guy years ago that couldNOT wear a watch. Didn't matter cheap or expensive, within seconds of his putting it on it would stop and then run backwards. We drank free for a long time with that one.

• gumby
    gumby

FMZ...ya little bastard buddy of mine. How is ya?

I guess you'd have to define.."Near Death". Some seem to take it as.."they 'thought' they were gonna die", and others may feel it means when a person has an out of body experience.

I "could" have died, and thought I might die when I was ran over by a watercraft about 4 years ago. I have no problems with my watch.....other than how the hell to turn off the alarm I can't set..to turn it's ass off. This watch was a freebe Circle K job that has 4 buttons as big as a nats ass...and it tells me the time in army time!!! Yeah, today I looked at my watch and it was 14:43 o' clock! I actually had to think about what time that might be and figured out it was 2:43. Damn me, I oughta throw the bastard watch in the trash, but I'm too cheap to go out and buy a spendy one for 5.99.

K, back on topic

Gumtimex......luvs ya bro.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Jeff:

I'll agree that the numbers may be slightly off on the poll of NDEers, but in the same token, so would the survey of non-NDEers having watch problems. Still, even with a very large leeway for errors in the statistics, a 76% differential is hard to ignore ;). The informal study was done by a biased non-believer, who, after the study, became a believer.

So, yes, the results may be skewed... but either way, I personally know 2 people that have had NDEs, and they were no longer able to wear watches afterwards. These are the only two people I personally know to have had NDEs. That's 100% right there ;)

Kudra:

I forgot about that. I shall reply on that thread when I have time to pull a few articles together.

Now, apart from the very possible skewing of data (see my comments to Jeffro)... what else would you base your dismissal of the data on?

FMZ

• Kudra
    Kudra

H
    ey, hey, hey, I stayed on topic...
    I am interested in the watch studies though... cause you always hear about someone who has a problem with their watches not running. I want to know why. It seems a common occurence. We all have electric properties of some sort- our brain run on it. I just think that those with the watch problem have some thing OTHER than effects of a near death experience (of course anyone can "nearly die" but I don't buy the light at the end of the tunnel thing...).
    Does anyone know about different levels of electricity in different folks? we all have different levels of various chemicals, hormones etc. But different levels of electricity? Does it work in the same way (varying levels) as chemicals do in the human body?
    Inquiring minds want to know...
    -K

• FMZ
    FMZ

Gumpus-Fugit:

I'm doing well bro. Hope things are goin OK for ya, and that knee is healing up well. Good question on the definition mate... :) From Wikipedia:

A near-death experience (NDE) is the perception reported by a person who nearly died or who was clinically dead and revived. The experience is somewhat common, especially since the development of cardiac resuscitation techniques. According to a Gallup poll approximately eight million Americans claim to have had a near-death experience (Mauro, 1992). The experience often includes an out-of-body experience.

My NDE was caused when I put a metal knife in a wallsocket when I was younger. Knocked me across the kitchen. Next thing I knew, I was looking down at myself from the ceiling. I could see my parents working to revive me. I was vaguely aware of a tunnel to my left, but I didn't pay much attention to it. Then, in an instant, I was back in my body.

KJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit