past lives

by BlackSwan of Memphis 51 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

I probably would have been a healer and burned at the stake for it.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I probably would have been a healer and burned at the stake for it.

I was also probably a heretic during one of my past lives and was burning at the stake right next to you.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Dams: are you afraid of fire? :)

Robdar: a doctor in the civil war. I didn't realize you had morphine back then!

Star: I think you have a very interesting point. Reminds me of a movie with Robert Downey Jr way back in the 80's.

Poppers: I always had thought that it would be so very cool to be a nun or a monk of some sort. Sounds like you made a peace with your spirituality. Very good.

BSoM

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    OFG: Jim Morrison. Y'know, somehow, I gotta say it would just fit. (I mean that in a good way)

hee hee.. Yeah when Ms.Whip posted that pic of me and Jim together, She didn't even know the can-o-worms she opened...

Ms. WhipRe: The end

Post 245 of 337
    since 13-Jul-05

31 y 6 m 22 d

Eritrea

or maybe heating things up with OFG

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<Dams: are you afraid of fire? :) >>

HHmmm....I love fire but I am scared of deep water, so maybe I was given the dunk test instead?

..and sharks I am sooooo scared of sharks. Because you know they like to lurk around on dry land just waiting for their chance at me. LMAO.

I'm such a dork.

Dams

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

OFG:
    Ok so when do we get to hear ya sing? ;)

BSoM

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Dams:

Ok if you sank you were innocent of whatever charges, that's probably where the sharks come in.
    If you swam, you were toasted, literally.

Yes Land Sharks do exist....
    (now I need to learn how to post pictures of things from the internet, because right here would be a great time to post the land sharks from the early Saturday Night Live)

No you aren't a dork.

I refuse to swim in the ocean. Period at all, no way no how.
    Because with my luck, the sharks would be looking for some good chunky legs to munch on.

BSoM

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<yes Land Sharks do exist....>>

Did not need to know that (just googled them) :o

I have to force myself to remain calm when I can't see the bottom of a lake (ocean? forget about it)

Dams

• Robdar
    Robdar

BSoM:

Robdar: a doctor in the civil war. I didn't realize you had morphine back then!

Hmmm. Yanno, I've never doubted that morphine existed back then but let's check it out and see if my past life recollections are at least partly correct. I did a quick engine search and came across this:

http://library.thinkquest.org/12875/data/drugs/d3.html

3. Morphine

a. In 1806 a German pharmacist's assistant named Frederick Scheturner isolated the primary active ingredient of opium and morphine was invented.

b. Morphine has been used as a pain-killer since before the Civil War.

c. It is the most effective drug to relieve the acute, short term pain resulting from severe injury and some types of surgery.

d. It is used in the later stages of terminal illnesses for pain relief.

e. Most people are not likely to become addicted when morphine is used under medical supervision.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I think I lived in England during the middle ages. I seem to be attracted to movies about that time and like renaissance fairs and that ilk.

I visited California when my sister lived there and every time I got the feeling I had been there before and was very at home there even tho I lived in Illinois for 45 years.

Odd stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit