What has this board given to you?

by Crumpet 52 Replies latest jw friends

• trevor
    trevor

People to talk to when my wife is ignoring me and it has helped my spelling!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Nooooo.........A MOTHER!!!! and a daughter..........Please, I don't need another wife!!!!!!

Warlock

you sound somewhat uncertain - are you sure you aren't up for a bit of polygamy?

LOL @ Trevor - your spelling has improved drastically Trevor - wife must have been ignoring you a lot then!!!

Ironhead - good to hear things are becoming more sorted for you andthat you'll be posting more!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

The main thing this board has given me is the oportunity to vent my feelings that had been bottled in for 6 years when I signed up here.Now that I've let most of those feelings out I feel much better.I don't post as much as I used to but I visit often and read the threads and keep up on the latest news.

I also find it very entertaining at times and I'm also impressed at how many intelligent people there are here who willingly share their thoughts,feelings and WTS information freely.

Thank you all.

Goldminer

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Understanding, education, insight, more compassion and the ability to learn another language to name a few...sammieswife.

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

Thanx crumpet

its a bit of along story i've been depressed off and on since i started studing with the borg , which is around 25 years you know the usual, but when i got baptised and dfed within 1 year stuff happened and i couldn't shake off the guilt i was the worst i've ever been i kept looking for anything to help me stop thinking of suicide and i found this site, ive been here for about 3 years , i've learned so much i wish i knew then what i know now , i think this site has probably saved quite a lot of lives.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I signed up here over a year ago and lurked a bit at first but avoided this site until now. I was involved in another site last year which was my first exposure to online xdub discussion boards. I was amazed at how much i needed to identify, vent and work out some deeply ingrained issues and how much a board helped with this. I have no doubts that i am not alone in this and know this board is that for many people, past, present and future.

I like the range of topics and the amount of information available here and admire the knowledge, wisdom and camaraderie of the posters here. It's good to have "friends" who understand and i look forward to making a few here. It's kinda like u know me already ;-)

(turns the page and starts a new chapter)

• zanex
    zanex

a new starting place....somewhere that the theology that was rammed down my throat for so long can rot...a good friend that i truly appreciate, thanx lis, and a whole REAL world of people here that can do the one thing that i think is truly lacking in the society-speak the truth...

-Z-

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

Enuma Elish cuneiform mug

I was never one of Jehovah's Witnesses; I originally started reading the board because of my interest in neo-Babylonian chronology.

What has this board given me?

---- Some wonderful friends from all over the world.

---- A lot of nice feedback on my KISS thread --- http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

---- AND a really cool coffee mug with cuneiform writing from Eisenbrauns!
    A forum friend (who shall remain nameless) recently surprised me with the mug pictured above.

Thanks for letting me spend some time with you all, even though I am not an exJW.

Regards,
    Marjorie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

A lot...

Love, hope, peace, companionship, direction, affirmation, friendships, solace. I could go on and on but this forum has given a lot to me and for that I will always be grateful.

And like Simon, the occasional headache.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

This board has given me freedom from an organization that tried to control my every move, and true insight into how people percieve me.

Granted, its given me a lot of headaches as well, but in the end, it was all worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit