Badges for Conventions

by ThomasCovenant 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Man.....can you feel the love????

• Riverwatcher
    Riverwatcher

Question from a non JW...

Last year, my son and DIL and Grandbaby stayed at our place on their way to the DC. I noticed that my sweet little Grandbaby had her badge on. It had her first and last name on it, and underneath that were the words "Godly Obedience". Now, I have major issues about my son and his wife and the baby even being involved in this cult, but just seeing "Godly Obedience" really turned my stomach because although I don't know much about JW's, I do know that most of the obedience isn't to God. Anyway...I'm rambling here...my question is is there some sort of different "catch phrase" on the oh-so-necessary badges every year? Does the phrase somehow reflect the main theme of the convention that year? Just curious. Thanks!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    "Badges?.............We don't need no stinkin' badges!".

lol... why didn't I think of that!

One of my favorite uses of that was in Weird Al's movie, UHF: "Badgers? Badgers?........ We don't need no stinking badgers!!!"

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

• prettyinpink
    prettyinpink

I was cornered as well for not having a badge, it was very rude. Talk about getting the 3rd degree

• sspo
    sspo

Why worry about the born again?

The watchtower has the truth

• VM44
    VM44

Who is (or was) Duane Matz?

--VM44

• Pwned
    Pwned

Question from a non JW...

Last year, my son and DIL and Grandbaby stayed at our place on their way to the DC. I noticed that my sweet little Grandbaby had her badge on. It had her first and last name on it, and underneath that were the words "Godly Obedience". Now, I have major issues about my son and his wife and the baby even being involved in this cult, but just seeing "Godly Obedience" really turned my stomach because although I don't know much about JW's, I do know that most of the obedience isn't to God. Anyway...I'm rambling here...my question is is there some sort of different "catch phrase" on the oh-so-necessary badges every year? Does the phrase somehow reflect the main theme of the convention that year? Just curious. Thanks!

yeah they print the theme on the badges, some are so corny that i was always embarrassed to have mine on outside of the hall lest someone think i was a freak

• sspo
    sspo

Very embarassing going to a restaurant wearing the badge and then 10 witnesses trying to convert the waitress.

We were instructed to do so in order to get Jehovah's approval

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Wow it really has been a long time for me, They make you wear a badge? Oh I would so get a fake FBI or CIA badge or something, even better Geek Squad and tell them I am their leader.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark (Rev. 13:16-18).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit