• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sorry... can't help myself.

• damselfly
    damselfly

LOL pm'd ya

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Have not attended for a couple of years, Sister Blues has finally succumbed to the stress and heat and the loo queue's and decided that it is all just too much to handle.

I wonder which assemblies they were? I know that some Assembly Overseers get paranoid about security, perhaps fearing a bomb attack. Perhaps they had "intelligence" about infiltrators from the born again churches? Perhaps you looked suspicious?

It seems that this attendant was a jerk. I have met a few in my time.

As others have said, "Why spend money printing invites, then treat newcomers like threats?"

• garybuss
    garybuss

These are the same guys who belly pushed me and my three year old son at a district assembly in the middle 1970's. They asked me my name and the name of my congregation and I told them. I also told them to tell their boss Duane Matz to go to hell.

Was I a trouble maker? You bet! I started right then and there.

I wondered how the show ups from the public invites were to be handled at the conventions. Now I know.

What a gas!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You have to realize most attendants are mild-to-raging idiots and this is their first and only experience where they can exercise a little power. Its fun and exciting to them. I've been an attendant as well as "internal watchman" and believe me, most brothers don't have the graciousness that a trained attendant should have.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I've not been to an 'assembly' in a looooong time. The last one I went to... was when my daughter got baptized - and then I only went solo - and got there right as they were dismissing the group to get dunked.

I merely walked in from the street - as I knew the place well - and went straight to where I knew things would be happening. No one stopped me. Of course - that was about 10 or so years ago.

I drove the ex-wifey and daughter to one of those conventions a few years later - they went and sat in their meetings all day - while I toured the town - and sat thinking while drinking coffee.

Afterwards - the daughter came out - with the ex-wifey - and the daughter had someone elses' badge. Seems that their popular 'game' was to swap badges. She and a few friends (all teenagers) - would swap badges all day long. My daughter wound up with more than one though... I think she cheated. *grin*

Regards,

Jim TX

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Dams is right, from a sista's point of view! I was a rather buxom teen, and I noticed some of the fine, wholesome Christian brothers staring at my ta-ta's badge. It made me feel self conscious and embarassed. After the first day, I misplaced stomped on and threw away the darn thing, darn it. My Dad used to badge-er me about it, and I'd say I forgot it in the room.

• blondie
    blondie

I was never asked about wearing a badge either and in this area people are not required to have one...otherwise why invite the public. I think they must have had a "security" problem there and this was their overzealous, misguided way of handling it.

Blondie

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

You think you get looks for not wearing a badge? Try walking around the convention center in shorts, t-shirts, & tennies. Then you get the looks. When I got the attempted third degree from some power-mad Attendant, I simply told him that I was in Long Beach waiting for my cruise ship to leave San Pedro on a 0ne week cruise to Mexico. The look I got from him was fantastic. I could barely keep a straight face as he turned pea green with envy. When he finally composed himself, he asked what congo. I was from. I said Taos, NM, and that we had already had our convention in Amarillo the week before. Thank you WTB&TS for allowing me to have my cover ready.

• Warlock
    Warlock

You should have told them: "Badges?.............We don't need no stinkin' badges!".

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit