After 4 years, an introduction (hope it works this time!)

by gwyneth 53 Replies latest jw friends

• karen96
    karen96

Welcome, Gwenyth!

And if you still need validation that you did the right thing:

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!

karen

• juni
    juni
    sometimes I attend Chapel to hear her sing; she is always amazed that I can find scriptures faster than anyone around us.) They require the children to fill out cards every week to track the days they went to church--my daughter's is always completely blank at the end of the semester, but she doesn't seem to care, so I don't care. Overall, she is having just enough religious training to make her think twice about breaking some moral code, but not enough for her to be a fanatic.

You're doing an excellent job raising your daughter. You are there for her as a support and she is being raised to be responsible and examine things closely with a moral code.

Juni

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Welcome Gwyneth, thanks for sharing your story. I grew up in Daytona Beach and was very intriqued about the brother you married. Was he from Daytona? It's a small place. I still have lots of JW family there but thankfully I got out.

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

Hi TweetieBird! No, he was from the very same Kissimmee congregation that we attended for 3 months in 1978. I knew of brothers from DeLand, tho...that's as close to Daytona as I can get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit