After 4 years, an introduction (hope it works this time!)

by gwyneth 53 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Hi Gwyneth,

this was a very nice introduction. And yes I know what it is to be shy....

anyway also a warm welcome from me....

Danny

• Warlock
    Warlock

Welcome G.

I'm bitter too.

Warlock

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi Gwyneth. Thanks for sharing your story, It was so interesting. I can identify with much of your llife growing up as a Dub. It was similar in many ways to my life raised in the org.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Gwyneth I finally read your post just before i finished work - every time I looked before it was blank although I could see from the replies it was one worth reading and wasnt disappointed.

Its so lovely to have you here - you are extraordinarily eloquent and courageous and put yourself so while. Like someone above has said - its this kind of post that makes you keep coming back here!

Please post me - like anewme said - i think we will enjoy reading anything you decide to post after such a full and open introduction!

crumpet

Ps I agree jgnat is one of the wisest people I have come across!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Hi Gwyneth! Welcome to JWD!

Thanks for posting your story!

You have a pm.

GGG

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Thank you for sharing you story. This is my favorite kind of post.

Looks like we got here within a few months of each other.

I bet there are lots and lots of people that have been lurking for years, and never or rarely post.

lisa

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome Gwyneth and thank you so much for having the courage to post your story. I could relate to much of it, having enetered into a bad marriage myself as a young jw. It's sad to think of so many ill-advised decisions made under the influence of cult thinking. And yet, somehow, I think we're stronger for having made it out and on the other side.
    I look forward to seeing you around the board.
    Hugs,
    tall penguin

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Gwneth that has to be the finest introduction I've ever read, so moving and beautifully written. I couldn't read it fast enough, I was hungry for the next part. You have a gift for expression and you seem like a sensitive soul - thick-skinned posters like myself appreciate that tenderness.

I'm happy for you that you finally feel comfortable enough to open up. Thank you for doing it and welcome.

Nic'

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for the intro Gwyneth. It's nice to have you hear.

I became bitter and resentful--that I missed out on my childhood, that I didn’t go to college

I can really identify with that!

• Borgia
    Borgia

Hi Gwyneth,

There are a lot of things in life that take courage to do it for the first time. And you have found it. And you´ve done it eloquently. Congrats on your first post.

Although bitterness may give you strength to walk a certain path you´ll find it to be not the most rewarding thing in life. Allow me to express my sympathy for what you are and have been going through. I hope you will find warmth and friendship to help you along.

As you might have noticed, I have been a board member longer than a poster. So, we share a certain gladness of finally having cut the gordian knot.

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit