Update! The pressure is rising, Elders on my trail!

by drew sagan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Severus
    Severus

Check out pages 99-100 of the elder manual to see their talking points.

It is easy to dodge the questions and avoid the "A" stamp if you want to.

I find that diverting their concerns to other issues than the classic apostate confrontation works well.

For example, discuss respectfully your "concerns" with child baptisms, this shows you are having a minor problem without heaving 587/607 at them.

• Grace
    Grace

Drew, I would not let the "apostate" term even concern you: if you do, it shows you're still playing by their rules. You are NOT an apostate, you ARE a thinking human being.

I would be like a broken record on the central issue of serving God vs. serving an Organization. Let them show you how many scriptural texts there are (other than the "faithful and discreet slave" one that they have twisted) that says that God needs an organization on earth. In contrast, you can load them up with all the scriptures that emphasize the only way to salvation is a relationship with Christ (start with John 3:16). There are hundreds of these. Clearly, one can (one should) serve God without the Watchtower, and one can (and should) read/interpret/understand the bible without Watchtower.

I'm going to make a general post about this topic tomorrow. But I would certainly be like a broken record about this one if I were face to face with the "elders" now.

Take care, my friend.

Grace to you.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Damn it Willy, I have always respected the way you get to the point. I would have loved to serve as an elder with you!

Listen to Willy, dont bother with the nutjobs.

W.Once

• Honesty
    Honesty
    You can commit adultery every day of the week and the elders will forgive you, you can disagree with God and Jesus and the elders will simpathize with you but don't you dare questioning the mighty GOVERNING BODY. YOU ARE OUT

It all depends on what you want, Drew.

If you want out just tell them what you really think about the Watchtower.

• TonyT
    TonyT

If you want to hit them with "apostate" questions why not play good cop bad cop?

Tell them that you had a discussion with an "interested person" who brought up several subjects that you were unable to answer and you would like their help in refuting these points.

This will allow you to question the organization with out being labeled the evil apostate.

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

If the elder wants to talk to you again, why not one on one? When Paul straightened Peter out, he didn't say he had any help.

In one instance I am aware of, the elders were to inform a sister of something contained in a letter from another cong. They specifically said they would not answer any questions, yet FOUR elders met with her to read the brief letter.

B

• blondie
    blondie

If it is one on one, it's unofficial (to a degree); 2 it is a fact-finding committee.

In my opinion, it's a waste of time, a waste of breath, and pearls before swine.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If the elder wants to talk to you again, why not one on one? When Paul straightened Peter out, he didn't say he had any help.

In one instance I am aware of, the elders were to inform a sister of something contained in a letter from another cong. They specifically said they would not answer any questions, yet FOUR elders met with her to read the brief letter.
    --blindersoff
    Wow, 4 elders? Was she Sister Hulk or something? "If she hulks out while I'm reading the letter, you distract her while I apply the Vulcan Death Grip!!"

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    "Although I don't believe in God, I do believe this is his organization."

That's the funniest s*** I've read for a while! LOL

I dare someone to try this - it'd be a scream!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi Drew, good luck with the game. Play your cards close to your chest. Be polite. Take control of the game when you're ready to, but if you're not ready to go now, just be a good and polite brother with no questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit