Update! The pressure is rising, Elders on my trail!

by drew sagan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Here is yet another update on what is going on in my world.
    The Elder I talked to a while back just couldn't let it be and now want's to have another discussion. He now wants to meet with with another Elder from the hall. I'm thinking it might be in might best interest to tape this meeting (should I agree to even have it), i've got plenty of tape recorders around to do the job.
    So my plan is to keep it simple with these guys and not go anywhere that could be labeled 'apostate'. When asked about how I feel on certain matters and if it is 'gods organization'.
    I have a feeling they are going to keep poking to find out how 'apostate' I am. Let me know if there are any special questions you think I should ask.
    I'll keep you guys posted.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

if you don't want to be labeled an 'apostate' don't ask any questions!

just be agreeable. hell, don't even meet with them.

• Genesis
    Genesis

In a meeting I had with Elders I just told them my doubt and I hadnt ever checked apostate material but anyway they labeled me Apostate... Be careful with questions and dont talk about things like UN scandal or 607.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I've thought of a few questions to ask when I have met with elders who may have been on my case but never had the bottle to ask.
    When they ask "do you think that the organization is God's channel today?", you reply with something like, "May ask you a question, when did you last masterbate?" or "how often do you and your wife make love now a days?"
    When you get the shocked response, "well that's a bit personally isn't", you reply "and so are my religious beliefs, they are between me and the Lord".
    And there's another tip, use the expression "the Lord" alot - q: "do you believe that we are living in the last days" - a: "I believe we are living in the Lord's day and as Christians have to awake to that fact". It always throws elders, they are never quite sure who you are refering to. But then again, they are easily confused.
    Eyeslice

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you know your exit will be public one day or another, you might just give it a shot. Generally speaking, when I talk to a JW, I try and draw THEM out. So I say "I have a few problems....(that are bothering my conscience)..."

When they ask WHAT they are, tell them ONE and run it to ground, no rabbit trails allowed.

Have a few topics ready to go, ones that are important to you and are likely to strike your audience hard. But only discuss ONE.

IF on the other hand, the brothers come with an agenda and it is clear they DON'T want to hear your problems, be polite and show them the door. I've learned recently that brothers often come to these things with scriptures to share already laid out. Why try and get through to someone already determined not to listen?

• willyloman
    willyloman

You realize such a discussion will be a complete waste of time and accomplish nothing, right? It is not in your best interests to meet with them.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Jesus never let on when asked direct questions about who he was..."Who do you think I am?" he asked.

"Are you an apostate?" ..."If someone is saying I am, I have the right to confront my accusers and there better be two or more with proof because thats a very serious accusation.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It all depends on what your goals are. If you want or need to remain labelled as a JW, give them the fake answers that you've been giving for all the years you've been a JW. If you want to be DFed, tell them that it's satan's organization, mention 607, the UN, or don't bother meeting with them. If you just wanna fvvv with them, tell them "Although I don't believe in God, I do believe this is his organization.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Just lie to them Drew, after all it is spiritual warfare and you owe them nothing. Tell the old guys what they want to hear and fool them.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

"If you just wanna fvvv with them, tell them "Although I don't believe in God, I do believe this is his organization."

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit