Update! The pressure is rising, Elders on my trail!

by drew sagan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

drew;-it-comes-to-time-you-juST-TELL-JWS-FUCK-YOURSELF-LEAVI-8

• rassillon
    rassillon

I think you should do as lovesdubs suggested, don't answer their questions. I also like to get offended when someone asks me a question I don't want to answer something like Elder: Drew, do you think that this is God's orginization Drew: "I am offended, I will not dignify that with an answer!" or "Does it matter what I THINK, that won't change the FACTS" or "I believe what the bible says" Oh and yeah, record it, I would say buy a digital recorder if you can cause it will recorde for hours. You should control the conversation. I would also tell them that if they want to meet with you they should provide you a written agenda of what will be discussed. Prepare answers and don't deviate form it, when you have covered everything on the agenda tell them to leave. -r

• xjwms
    xjwms

I am confidant that you know what your doing........

Thanks for the update

looking forward to finding out more when you can. Just mess with em a little...make them answer a few things to you.

Ask: how many hours do you go out? Have you been praying for a Bible study? stuff like that.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Drew,

You have a PM

• Arthur
    Arthur

Thanks for giving us an update Drew. I was wondering what was happening with you lately (I remember one of your earlier posts about your meeting with the elders). I wish you the best, our friend!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Be passive aggressive with a lot of :

"hmmmm",

"I see your point"

"un-huh",

"I see",

"that's something to consider",

"you could be right",

"that's interesting",

"I'm as strong in the faith as any other JW",

"any questions I have are the usual ones that any other dub has asked .... you know, what have you been asked before?"

• sspo
    sspo

if you don't want to be df just tell them that you fully beleive all of the teachings of JW.

Was en elder for 20 years we were not trained to accept any reasoning, the society is always right if you doubt you cannot be a JW,

it's as simple as that. You can commit adultery every day of the week and the elders will forgive you, you can disagree with God and Jesus and the elders will simpathize with you but don't you dare questioning the mighty GOVERNING BODY. YOU ARE OUT

So weigh your words carefully

• Warlock
    Warlock

Unless you "tow the party line", they are going to think you are, or are becoming, an apostate, but you already know that.

It's up to you as to the outcome, because THEY will base it on YOUR part of the conversation. Good luck(can I say that?) on what ever you decide.

Warlock

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

It all depends on what your goal is.

If you want to be DF'd meet with them and tell them everything, Or just DA and get it over with.

If you want to fade, you need to keep your thoughts to yourself. Talking to one elder is risky, meeting with two is a recipe for disaster.

If you are trying to fade, there is no point in you talking to an elder. He is only there to get you back in line, not to listen to your concerns and debate you.

If you are forced into a meeting with them, you need to go into full 'theocratic warfare' mode. This is not a time to be honest, to voice your doubts in the hopes that they will see that your concerns are valid and will treat you mercifully, to think that somehow you can reason with them and sway them to your point of view. Instead, you need to humbly sit there, nod appreciatively, thank them for their 'concern' and vow to take their 'encouragement' to heart. Then show up for a couple meetings, smile a lot, let them think they did their job. Then go back to the fade.

So what do you really want?

No Apologies

• Borgia
    Borgia

Pressure Rising? You feel that way, Drew?

It ´s not them pressuring you but your goals you wish to achieve in a certain period of time. Is the misses with you all the way?

To me you have a few options, and I suppose I have thought of them as well, considering general intelligent nature of your posts.

Since I don´t know your time table I can´t really comment on any optional action.

Though, I shoud say there´s always the option of telling them you´re not interested in meeting them right now. Buys you time, everybody knows which cards are on the table though they´re blind. Be sure to unplug the telephone. So, what can they do? Raise some concerns during the local needs talk and perhaps mark you. Would that be killing you?

Besides, you can always use them for your own purposes. It all depends on playing your cards right. wanne talk? PM me.

Wish you luck with you game and don´t let them fool/ pinn you down. Keep moving. And thanks for sharing, mate.

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit