Changes that will come in Jehovah's witnesses organization

by PeLe, ThE Soccer King 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

I have always heard that, one day, the elders would be calling all members and tell them to get to the Hall because Armageddon is here. I think this hard stance would work perfectly for a short time. It would scare the inactive into being active. Thinking that the big day must really be close.

Bryan

• blondie
    blondie

*** w93 7/15 p. 27 Tenderly Shepherding Jehovah’s Precious Sheep ***

Inactivity in the ministry or in attending Christian meetings does not mean that the sheep is no longer part of the flock. He remains part of "all the flock" for whom the elders must "render an account" to Jehovah.

*** w01 12/1 p. 10 You Can Avoid a Spiritual Heart Attack ***

Some in that situation have allowed their spiritual strength to dwindle to such a point that they become inactive, or nonpracticing, Witnesses!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Our presiding overseer on Thursday talked about North Korea, bombings in Bombay, Israel-Lebanon all coming at the same time as the District Convention. All this so soon after Hurrican Katrina, London, Madrid and the Asain Tsunami. Armageddon is just around the corner

• Arthur
    Arthur

Thanks for that info Pele.

It's vey interesting. I would not be surprised if this was eventually implemented.

• metatron
    metatron

I am very doubtful that such a change will ever happen. Your examples of highranking brothers spouting off about meeting attendance

mean nothing! This is similar to other events such as demanding that sisters never wear pants - or that marriage outside of the "truth"

should trigger a disfellowshipping automatically. Only the opinions of the Governing Body and their lawyers carry any weight.

Dumping the inactive might mean losing "church tax" money in countries with that legal arrangement - and such a radical move could

also have unforseen legal consequences even in the US, in regard to child custody, for example.

metatron

• anewme
    anewme

The righteous are getting righteouser!

Just last month or so Br. Garrett from California was on the news and said that all Jehovahs Witnesses are ministers of the good news. All preach.

He was inviting outsiders in the community to the convention and was evasive with the interviewer on most questions and then blurted out this fact (like he was parroting a new rule he is ordered to spout)

Sadly I believe Pele.

I think this crazy org thinks its the end soon and for real is drawing in the ranks.

I know I know, chicken little has cried wolf before! But I do think the conversation at the KH is that they are preparing for Armaggeddon and huddling together during the storm of fury under Jeh's protection.
    This is how they excite the rank and file to tell their friends THE END IS NEAR!!!!

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Dumping the inactive might mean losing "church tax" money in countries with that legal arrangement - and such a radical move could

also have unforseen legal consequences even in the US, in regard to child custody, for example.

--------------------------

spot on. In many European countries, such laws has forced the "informal" judicial structure to gain importance. Notably on blood and voting issues. With recent legal setbacks here in the states (notably in CA), I expect more of that here in the states. "Bad associations spoil useful habits" (1 cor 15:33) has been used to justify "marking" in the past, and I could see it likely applied directly to inactive ones.

One step further, I would not be shocked if the formal judiciai structure (judicial committees and S-77/ S-79 forms) is replaced by a completely "informal" structure based on marking and "word of mouth". There will be shunning still, it's just all going underground.

DFing is going to go the way of the dodo. To be replaced by a more "viral" judicial structure. Less paperwork for discovery in lawsuits...

-silent

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Not a new thought, they use this to scare JWs periodically, but don't follow through for practical reasons as others have said.

Randy

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I just had a thought. Perhaps they are going to change their name??!!

There are so many bad things now being associated with JWs because of their behavior and history I will bet that they might be changing the name to try to bring a new identity for the unsuspecting householders.

Mary

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey nice one! That's going to work quite well too, I mean with a new war and all, probably some kind of new king of the north speculation; yeah I can see a lot of inactive ones getting scared into going back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit