Changes that will come in Jehovah's witnesses organization

by PeLe, ThE Soccer King 46 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    If are not regular in meetings and service of field than you're signalling that you're no longer a Jehovah's witness.

Well, they kinda already do this. There are statements made in the publications that say that one who is not sharing in the preaching work is not a witness. Of course, they speak out of both sides of their mouth...'cause other times they say that "weak" and "inactive" ones shouldn't be judged harshly.

Maybe someone (calling on Blondie) can post the statements where the WTS has stated that not preaching equals not being a witness.

• PeLe, ThE Soccer King
    PeLe, ThE Soccer King

Hello again,

I understand that some may disagree, but let join the pieces here:

(1) Jaracz, that according to some is a hardliner, is old (and perhaps senile) and also is the most senior and influent member of Governing body.

(2) New governing body member will in thesis agree with suggested policies of this old guy, appointed as the main responsible of some harsh policies among witnesses.

(3) Numbers are slowing, they need to assure commitment.

What is the next step? The next step will be a more radical move, in my opinion. Some Circuit overseer I know have even suggested this kind of policy some years ago, that would be a “refining” step, similar of what has happened in organization when elected elders were fired or when preaching work was “emphasized” (i.e., “just do it or you’re out!”).

• RR
    RR

It's a scare tactic ... no one wants the stigma of being DF'd. So threthened them with being DF'd if they don't start attending meetings regularly. What those dubs should do is call the Society's bluff ... what are they going to do DF everyone who misses a meeting? Who's hoing to support the Society if they do that?

RR

• james_woods
    james_woods

PeLe has a pretty good handle on the trend of the recent Governing Body...numbers go down -

So - lash out with greater control measures. Beat up on everybody on how close the end is. Hammer them on being lazy about field service. Demand more meeting attendance, etc...its all about more control from Brooklyn down.

IMHO, they might very well just say this kind of thing as a threat to the inactives, but just leave it as only a threat and not really follow through on the bluff.

That way they could get their scare tactics in, but without actually alienating the many who are probably already on the edge...of course, it could also be that the "big news" is just another "the end is right around the corner"...or nothing at all but more tracts...

James

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Once you become inactive, after awhile the cards disappear and you slip off the radar .if you never go to meetings then you are forgotton - a non person unless they hear that you are up to something. What benefit is there in d/a ing you?

• Dune
    Dune

Sounds pretty far-fetched. But i'd welcome it, then i woudlnt have to fade and i could go straight to a normal life without living in the shadows.

• karen96
    karen96

Yes, I could see them using it as a scare tactic, they would never really follow through on DA'ing everyone. I bet there won't even be a formal announcement of this "policy", the rumor itself would be enough to get some empty seats filled at the KH.

Karen

• Arthur
    Arthur

Pele,

I was wondering if you could please elaborate on where you got this information.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I bet you pissed Gumbly off large!!!!

Great avitar.

• PeLe, ThE Soccer King
    PeLe, ThE Soccer King

James, You're correct, it can well be a thread only. Anyway, what I am referring here is not the inactive ones but the so-called irregulars, people that go not so often to meetings due to its job, lack of interest, or something else, in sum people that are irregular.
    Arthur,
    My information come from: (1) An elder from Bethel (former bethel elder) in Brazil that was recently in my congregation have related some meeting where this point has been discussed, he have said that a biblical basis for this was in Hebrew 10, since just after it mentioned the need of meeting it is mentioned the case of "willfull sin":

"Hebrew 10: 24 And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near. For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition.2 8 Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three. 29 O f how much more severe a punishment, do YOU think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? 30 For we know him that said: “Vengeance is mine; I will recompense”; and again: “Jehovah will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of [the] living God. " This brother even have quoted me a watchtower magazine (1983, I guess) that insinuate something like that. So in the same way that impurity has became officially a dfd offence, so will be a guy that willfully (i.e., due to its college, job, or anything else) miss the meetings. I don't know exactly what would be the case for inactives.

(2) Finally, my second source come from some elders I know in Sao Paulo that after an elder meeting in DC started with a similar talk. Maybe it was just a "non-credible threat" or a circulated opinion, but we can wait to see, I think that will be probably. Best regards,

Pele

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit