Asked my Book Study group a question......................

by enlightenedcynic 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

Tuesday night's book study dealt with the resurrection and why we can have confidence in it...blah, blah, blah! So after meeting as we are sitting around and chatting I spoke up and said, "Did Lazurus get resurrected with his same body or with a new one?" I asked it purposely because on page 68, par. 8, of the What Does The Bible Really Teach Book, it says 8 The stone was rolled away, and Jesus cried out with a loud voice: “Lazarus, come on out!” What happened? “The man that had been dead came out.” (John 11:43, 44) Can you imagine the joy of the people there? Whether Lazarus was their brother, relative, friend, or neighbor, they knew that he had died. Yet, here he was—the same dear man—standing among them again. That must have seemed too good to be true. Many no doubt embraced Lazarus joyfully. What a victory over death! As we all know, witnesses teach that when a person dies, they no longer exist, their memories and personality are stored by the big Jehovah server in the sky. When and if that person gets a resurrection, they will supposedly receive a new body. If that is the case, how can it be logically said that "the same dear man was standing among them again". If he had a new body, how did everyone know that it was truly Lazurus? I am still waiting for an intelligent response, my wife nudged me and said now was not the time for a questions like this..why are you trying to start something? Once I got home, I thought a little more deeply on this matter. So lets say we are in the new system(yeah right!), and you have just been resurrected back to life in a new body as the witnesses teach. Will that body be a perfect one or an imperfect one? The answer has to be the latter because witnesses teach that perfection will be attained gradually through the 1,000 year reign. So our dear wonderful God Jehovah is going to bring back those who have died with flawed or imperfect bodies. This from a God of love? Am I off in my reasoning? Your thoughts please! ec

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The bible is a fairy tale.

Green Eggs and Ham, and the dub's have parlayed it into a multi billion dollar industy.

• sandy
    sandy

There is no scrptural basis for their reasoning on this . . . They just use their so-called logic and speculate. If I recall correctly the thought on this matter is:

They will be resurrected and have perfect physical bodies but not mentally, they'll still be imperfect in this sense. During the Thousand yrs they'll become physically and mentally perfect.

• VM44
    VM44

Why should anyone look forward to an IMPOSTER living in the future who has all your memories and thinks they are a future version of you? --VM44

• VM44
    VM44

"...my wife nudged me and said now was not the time for a questions like this."

If the book study is not the time for _real_ questions, then when is the time to ask such questions?

In the JW world the answer is...NEVER!

--VM44

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

Stealth,

I recognize that! My question is, if you are a fairly intelligent or reasoning individual, how do you just ignore flaws or holes in the wts reasoning. If dubs are as informed about the bible as they claim, when you read certain scriptures and hold it up against wts theology...there is a big problem...whether you believe the bible to be true or not.

ec

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

if you are a fairly intelligent or reasoning individual, how do you just ignore flaws or holes in the wts reasoning. If dubs are as informed about the bible as they claim, when you read certain scriptures and hold it up against wts theology...there is a big problem

If one can't ignore the flaws and tow the wt line, the only sane answer is to leave.

Your second point is very true. That is why they are taking such a shit kicking these days. Their "theology" can't stand up to the information available on/through the internet, and our collective ability to share that information.

Guess we are both on the same page here afterall. hehe

Peace

Stealth453

• Jeho-so-fat
    Jeho-so-fat

I guess it is possible that those that are resurrected will have perfect, younger looking bodies. That would be the new bodies, but if Jehovah has stored all their personalities, mannerisms, etc, then even if the look completely different, we would know them by that. But I imagine they will just look like their youthful selves..assuming they died of old age or a terrible illness. Children that died would be resurrected has children, but as healthy children. Either way....it is a loving act by Jehovah to resurrect those that have died.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you know that I had a jewish orthodox friend who one night before bed, decided to shave off his foot long beard.

when he walked to the breakfast table the next morning his 7 year old daughter cried histerically, and asked mommy to get the intruder out

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

... and now, riddle yourself this: when you're resurrected into your new body, it's only your memories that are downloaded from the great server in the sky. It's not you - you died and your spirit went out. You're done. What's resurrected is just the creation of a clone of you for the entertainment of your friends and family.

Arnie did a movie about it recently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit