Asked my Book Study group a question......................

by enlightenedcynic 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Estephan
    Estephan
    Estephan,
    Since the Kingdom has not taken full rule, crushing all other kingdoms, everlasting life has not been ganted.
    Please forgive me for nit-picking, but could you provide the scripture that confirms the above statement. Edited to add:
    The Almighty ... also knows when every sparrow hits the ground in death
    If these are creatures created and meant to die forever, what is the point? Why remember what is meant to perish forever? Isn't that God's declaration for humans concerning those destroyed by Armageddon, that they won't be remembered?

If you recall in regards to the Kingdom taking full rule, all other kingdoms become non-existant when the "Kingdom of GOD" is fully established upon the earth. The Kingdom of GOD will be the only ONE remainng in a paradise earth in due season.

Why would GOD need to destroy humans in Armageddon only to resurrect them later? The Law says that those that have fallen asleep in death are forgiven of their sons therefore worthy of resurrection. There is much to read into when it comes to those that will perish, and will not perish.

Those that engage in war perish by another human, not by God. God only destroys in self-defense of another "righteous"human until He can correct all matter upon the earth. Once God takes over, all will come under the Law in authority to Jesus Christ; therefore not in need of being destroyed but forgiven. Do you agree?

• no one
    no one
    Not sure what you meant by this reply, unless it was meant as a humorous remark.

--VM44

'Jes playing cuz of my name.

• no one
    no one

Estephan,

Thank you for replying, but I'm a bit confused by your reply in regards to my questions, though.

1st question (more of a request) from me: Please show the biblical scriptural statement/proof concerning this response from you:

Since the Kingdom has not taken full rule, crushing all other kingdoms, everlasting life has not been ganted.

2nd question (and let me rephrase it a bit): If those who are to die at Har-Magedon are not to be remembered anymore, why does God choose to remember sparrows who, by JW standards, are not meant to live beyond their normal lifespans and never to be resurrected? If I were to survive Har-Magedon and my mate didn't, I believe I would remember that person before remembering my dead parrot.

And please consider my questions in my original post:

If all of God's work is perfect and Dorcas was resurrected free from Adamic sin, why did she die? Being free from Adamic death, did she know right from wrong? Although no longer under Mosiac law, if she had used it as a guide, would she still have died? Wasn't the Mosiac law a way to keep 'perfectly ' the commands of God?

And...if God's work is perfect, but in that perfection animals die, why can't humans die under the same code of God's perfection? In other words, have we deluded ourselves as an out against death?

• Swan
    Swan

I have some thoughts about this.

I think maybe it was the original Lazarus body that was in the tomb, like In Night of the Living Dead, but he probably smelled a little off after 3 days.

Or maybe Jesus flew around the world backward very fast and reversed time, like in Superman.

Or maybe Lazarus wasn't dead, he was just mostly dead, like in The Princess Bride.

Tammy

• Estephan
    Estephan
    Estephan,

Thank you for replying, but I'm a bit confused by your reply in regards to my questions, though.

1st question (more of a request) from me: Please show the biblical scriptural statement/proof concerning this response from you:

2nd question (and let me rephrase it a bit): If those who are to die at Har-Magedon are not to be remembered anymore, why does God choose to remember sparrows who, by JW standards, are not meant to live beyond their normal lifespans and never to be resurrected? If I were to survive Har-Magedon and my mate didn't, I believe I would remember that person before remembering my dead parrot.

And please consider my questions in my original post:

If all of God's work is perfect and Dorcas was resurrected free from Adamic sin, why did she die? Being free from Adamic death, did she know right from wrong? Although no longer under Mosiac law, if she had used it as a guide, would she still have died? Wasn't the Mosiac law a way to keep 'perfectly ' the commands of God?

And...if God's work is perfect, but in that perfection animals die, why can't humans die under the same code of God's perfection? In other words, have we deluded ourselves as an out against death?

3 This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.(John 17:3) 44 “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; *Daniel 2:44) 8 Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; 10 but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with. (1 Corinthians 13:8-10) Knowledge of the TRUE GOD can only be accomplished in the "Kingdom of GOD". All men will be proven to be liars, this is written. Complete TRUTH has not been revealed therefore everlasting life cannot be granted until this occurs.We as humans only have pastial truth and partial knowledge, otherwise there would not be any disagreement between all faiths. There is a first death and a second death. The seciond death has no resurrection and ocurrs after the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ. A person must die and be born again, this symbolizes a "spiritual death".

1 And I heard a loud voice out of the sanctuary say to the seven angels: “Go and pour out the seven bowls of the anger of God into the earth.”

2 And the first one went off and poured out his bowl into the earth. And a hurtful and malignant ulcer came to be upon the men that had the mark of the wild beast and that were worshiping its image.

3 And the second one poured out his bowl into the sea. And it became blood as of a dead man, and every living soul died, [yes,] the things in the sea.

4 And the third one poured out his bowl into the rivers and the fountains of the waters. And they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel over the waters say: “You, the One who is and who was, the loyal One, are righteous, because you have rendered these decisions, 6 because they poured out the blood of holy ones and of prophets, and you have given them blood to drink. They deserve it.” 7 And I heard the altar say: “Yes, Jehovah God, the Almighty, true and righteous are your judicial decisions.”

8 And the fourth one poured out his bowl upon the sun; and to [the sun] it was granted to scorch the men with fire. 9 And the men were scorched with great heat, but they blasphemed the name of God, who has the authority over these plagues, and they did not repent so as to give glory to him.

10 And the fifth one poured out his bowl upon the throne of the wild beast. And its kingdom became darkened, and they began to gnaw their tongues for [their] pain, 11 but they blasphemed the God of heaven for their pains and for their ulcers, and they did not repent of their works.

12 And the sixth one poured out his bowl upon the great river Eu·phra´tes, and its water was dried up, that the way might be prepared for the kings from the rising of the sun.

13 And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

15 “Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake and keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness.”

16 And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma·ged´on.

Those that recieve the mark of the wild beast are those that participate in mans war unlawfully. Wild beasts are symbolic of nations in like manner to satan the devil the original serpent. He who lives by the sword shall also die by it. By their own hand, not by GOD's. Jehovah brought destruction at times that it was necessary against the unrighteous in order to preserve humans alive until He takes over in the Kingdom of GOD. Jesus Christ will bring PEACE not destruction. Please ask me any question in regards to the scriptures posted and I will answer them for you.

• carla
    carla

Estephan, if your continue to use the perverted NWT you will never have a real understanding of what the bible says. Try putting down your watchtowers and their perverted version of the bible and read for yourself in many other translations then come back and tell us what YOU have found not what a bunch of psycho's in Brooklyn tell you to think. Unless you equate the governing body with God.

• Estephan
    Estephan
    Estephan, if your continue to use the perverted NWT you will never have a real understanding of what the bible says. Try putting down your watchtowers and their perverted version of the bible and read for yourself in many other translations then come back and tell us what YOU have found not what a bunch of psycho's in Brooklyn tell you to think. Unless you equate the governing body with God.

I do compare varous translations from www.bible.com Instead of lashing out with your hateful words, try expressing your own thoughts with scripture. Prove me wrong with scriptural evdence in other words.

• carla
    carla

What is hateful there? truth? The truth is there are no bible scholars within the ranks of the so called translators of the NWT. Why is it perverted? They have perverted the word of God beyond recognition. Have the gov body taught psychotic things in the past? Yes, just because you are not aware of them does not make them less so. You do your own research, I myself am tired of showing intellectually lazy jw's the reams of research whether that be Greek, biblical doctrines, insane rules and regulations of the wt, the many, many scandals, continual misquoting of authors and scholars, etc.. etc... Until truth matters more to you than protecting an organization and its ungodly policies nothing can help you. Until you decide for yourself that the word of God is more important than the words of men nobody can help you. You must make a choice for yourself. Do your own homework. Decide which is more important to you truth or a publishing company. If you were really a lover of truth any research would be fine and no organization would make it 'off limits' to its members, unless of course they have something to hide.

• Estephan
    Estephan

What is hateful there? truth? The truth is there are no bible scholars within the ranks of the so called translators of the NWT. Why is it perverted? They have perverted the word of God beyond recognition. Have the gov body taught psychotic things in the past? Yes, just because you are not aware of them does not make them less so. You do your own research, I myself am tired of showing intellectually lazy jw's the reams of research whether that be Greek, biblical doctrines, insane rules and regulations of the wt, the many, many scandals, continual misquoting of authors and scholars, etc.. etc... Until truth matters more to you than protecting an organization and its ungodly policies nothing can help you. Until you decide for yourself that the word of God is more important than the words of men nobody can help you. You must make a choice for yourself. Do your own homework. Decide which is more important to you truth or a publishing company. If you were really a lover of truth any research would be fine and no organization would make it 'off limits' to its members, unless of course they have something to hide.

Words build up and also break down, They cause wars between mankind and create emotional problems among the creations of Jehovah. Words should be used to inspire, teach, and bring together all people in love. I am aware of the many teachings of the W.T.S. and make declaration of my faith as a Christian that worships in Spirit and in Truth. I will not defend untruths, and I make no claim to the fact that I belong to the W.T.S. organization. If you disagree with what I write, provide a convincing argument based upon the scripture in love and understanding.
    One of the very first untruths in regards to the W.T.S. is when Russel or Ruthorford (spelling) decided to appropriate funds to build dwelling places for the men of old that would be resurrected. Are we not to build our own in the Kingdom of God? Who owns the real estate which includes all kingdom halls upon the earth? Truth is truth, a lie is a lie. I stand for truth, period.......

• carla
    carla

If truth is as important to you as you claim, then you could start with even the word jehovah. Any first year Hebrew student can tell you that you could insert any vowel you want in the word, jivihi, jovovha, jahavah and so on. Why do you insist on a word that wasn't even a word until about the year 1270 made up by a Catholic monk named Martini? Again, man made, made up word for God. Yet jw's go around falsely telling people they 'must' use that made up word for God's 'name'.

Words should be used to inspire, teach, and bring together all people in love.-- The many 'words' of the wt have done nothing for love, peace or to inspire people to become better people. The damage and human wreckage from all parts of the world because of this evil cult is certainly not evidence of a 'loving' organization. They give God a bad name.

If you stand for truth there is no way you could ever defend or help the wt spread their false prophecies and their perverted version of 'the good news'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit