Another lawsuit... this one in Oregon.

by Elsewhere 44 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yet the WTBCS claimed in its article on child abuse that child molestors could not be appointed. "They have given expression to an unnatural desire".

They claim that the molestor should be grateful for God's forgiveness, and humbly serve him in the capacity he has kindly granted them.

Why did i doubt this even as I read it??

HB

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello Tammy! Good to "see" you again. I hope that you and hubby are doing well.

The Crabb family...I'm sure I met them at some time, but I couldn't put a name to a face.

I do know that I helped put a roof on that KH...Don Hugart was my lead.

I also heard that Jay Miller was in Independence, or thereabouts.

I daren't ask anything more about this Crabb fellow.

Craig

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Because he was placed in a position of responsibility and trust. It is a common and expected practice for ministers, priests, rabbis, child care professionals, teachers, etc to undergo a background check before they are placed into such a position of trust and responsibility.

The Watchtower Society is the ONLY religion I know of that explicitly opts to NOT perform such a background check on ANYONE placed into a position of trust and responsibility.

And this is the real crux of the matter.

tsof

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well this must be the "news out of Oregon" that was mentioned in the other thread??

Sherry

• Mystla
    Mystla

This lawsuit was brought way back in July? Do we know if anything came of it? Did they settle? Inquirering minds want to know!!!

I knew some of the Crabbs.

I also know that my Grandmothers husband is a pedophile who was almost appointed an ms recently because he moved and no letter was forwarded about his past behavior.. fortunatly those involved heard about it and contacted his new cong. and averted his apointment. Of course he still attends meetings and I'm sure that, other than the body of elders, no one knows what he really is. My mother, a true blue die hard JW, contacted a local agency to keep track of a granddaughter who lives near him.. but is that really enough? I feel like printing up flyers with his picture on them and distributing them in the small community he lives in. What a perv.. makes me ill.

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit