Question About Eyeglasses

by Big Tex 22 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

My Mom pays 300-400 for her invisible bifocals and she's frugal, and wouldn't do it unless she had no choice. I think that's what special lenses cost.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

OMG I am getting new glasses on Monday and I had NO freaking idea they cost this much. My insurance covers the exam and $50.00 for hardware. I'm screwed.

Sherry

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

About five years ago i spent over 600.00 on exam / lenses (with coating) / frames / and a pair of contacts. I think 4pr. for 900.00 is pretty good but a bit of a shock all at once.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I paid $300 for wire framed, triple progressive lenses. That was over two years ago. I can't afford more. I need an update, but it's not going to happen anytime soon.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I just had to pay £270 (about $470) for mine.

I have varifocal, high index lenses though, so not your average 'run-of-the-mill' variety!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My boyfriend paid £145 a few months ago for a new pair, but they were Ted Baker designer glasses, and were in a sale with one third off. I think he could have got a slightly less fashionable pair for a lot less. I don't wear glasses myself, so I don't really know the prices.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Mine were around $300, and I have super-crappy eyesight, so they were the more expensive, thinner lenses so they don't look like Coke-bottles on my face.
    Honey-bunny buys fancy ones that are like $600, because he's a slave to fashion.

(gretchen- don't worry, you're not screwed. You can find nice glasses for less than this, if you don't need all the fancy features.)

• Odrade
    Odrade

I have really terrible eyesight, so I have to get the special extra-thin lenses. My last pair were over $600 before the insurance bennies kicked down their part. I ended up paying $244 out of pocket for them... and they're not even designer.
    Plus I need to fork over anther $200 to get my contacts... It's not cheap being able to see around here. :(

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Big Tex - that it WAY TOO MUCH to spend on your wife. Now if you could hook up with someone like Nina then by all means it would be worth it!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Bwahahahaha!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit