What led you to think that the Watchtower had God's approval?

by JH 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JH
    JH

When you WERE a JW, what led you to think that the Watchtower had God's approval?

Just because they said so???

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Of course. Without question. When you are raised in the truth there is no other world out there. You are isolated and taught to be obedient. You are allowed no independent thought or action. A psychologist will tell you that critical reasoning develops in children when they are about 8-12 and if a child is unable to develop that part of himself, they lose the ability to think independently. Critical reasoning in a normal kid simply means to look at something, question and resolve. A kid raised zealously in the truth does not have that ability because they become dependent on the organization to instruct them on all aspects of their lives. That is just one reason why someone raised in the truth often has a harder time if they leave - they do not have those skills. A Witness family, living their live in accordance with the demands of the Watchtower does believe because they are told.

• Emma
    Emma

I tried explaining this to a coworker yesterday. At the beginning you're lead to believe that the org is god's, that "the men" speak from him. After that, you'll believe anything.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Because of the hypnotism!

• trevor
    trevor

Because it says so in the Watchtower. Just like the Bible self-recommends itself. It says, ‘all scripture is inspired of God…’

Shirley - you don’t want more proof than this!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Being raised in had a definite effect.

Now, let me think about this for a minute... I suppose that if I am going to be honest with myself I would have to say that once I got into my twenties little by little I was beginning to doubt the validity of the teaching that the JW's were approved by God as being His organization.

I saw a lot of hypocrisy, the teachings were slowly beginning to not make sense. I didn't expect perfection, but I did expect consistency.

I guess the two things I held onto were the use of God's name and the 607 thing.

The first came to a crashing halt when I was hanging out one day with a girl from the hall. This was about 3 years ago. This girl is a bit new to the 'truth' and she made mention that in the orignial manuscripts the word Jehovah is not there. That threw me for a loop and I didn't have a clue what she was talking about I figured she was wrong. I looked it up later when I was trying desperately to prove I had the truth after the child abuse thing came out and well, 607 made no sense after I read the gospels.

Then there was nothing. And here I am.

BSoM

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

A humongous brain fart that lasted 25 years or so.

Dismembered

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My parents and a thing called "the belt".

• anewme
    anewme

It was the gas they sent through the air ducts made us all obedient to their message.
    That is why in later years they did away with windows altogether at their halls----to increase the gassing due to the internet's influence.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    It was the gas they sent through the air ducts made us all obedient to their message.

That is why in later years they did away with windows altogether at their halls----to increase the gassing due to the internet's influence.

This combined with the hypnotism explains it All.

BSoM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit