OMG Spray Tan Disaster !!!!

by Sirona 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

Now I wasn't going to share this, but I just HAVE to!

I can't tan (had melanoma skin cancer) so I decided that for the long-awaited BBQ on Saturday I'd treat myself to a "spray-tan". For those of you who don't know, its false tanning where you are sprayed with the tanning all over and it lasts about a week.

What a DISASTER!

Right now I look like streaky bacon! The tanning woman made up excuses like there was something wrong with my skin (I've had these done before with no problem).......so I figure, its OK it isn't ALL bad......

I get home after smudging it all over my clothes in the car.... trying to drive without touching my legs to the seat (do you know how difficult that is?) and without letting the seatbelt touch me.. LOL

Fortunately I make it home, and by the way, I'm walking barefoot from the car to my house which is probably 30 feet away....I'm fumbling for my key before someone sees me (I'm a total mess with brown (cos of the tan) loose clothes, no bra), some guys are approaching, I finally fall into the house. LOL

Then I go upstairs, strip off and try and "blend" the dodgy bits, only to discover that the stuff is now all over the palms of my hands. Now I am streaky with overly orange hands!!!! So I'm standing in the bathroom scrubbing my hands and the dog comes in and starts licking my leg....making a white patch there !!!! ARGH!

Finally I finish blending and go downstairs to sit down and just relax whilst it dries. I'm stark naked and I realise when I walk into the lounge that the curtains are open (I live on a main road) LOL so I have no option but just to run over and close them quickly. I don't think anyone saw me

I turn around and realise that my new sofa is cream leather and there is NO way I can sit on that. LOL. I grabbed a couple of towels and folded them over and as I type now I'm sitting on my sofa, starkers, I can't lean back because I'll get tan all over the sofa, and I wonder

WAS IT WORTH IT?

ROFLMAO. I just can't stop laughing now. And its making white marks where my grin is.

Sirona (of the decidedly dodgy tan class)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think fair skinned women are the hottest, and I've never found tans attractive in the least.

I'm sure you look great without all that tanning crap.

W

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I feel for you!!! I'm a pale skinned, freckled, only burns...girl myself! However sunless tanning options are better than the bad effects the sun can have on you, as you know first hand.

I've tried all sorts of sunless tanners, even the spray booths like you used. I have found that "fakebake"( fakebake.com) is the best EVER! No streaking...it's got a color guard so you can see where you apply it AND if you DO get it on clothes or sheets, it washes off in the laundry.

• daystar
    daystar

LOL@ Sirona! That's just beautiful!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

You poor thing(giggling)!

I understand, my mother and sister have the same problem. My mom has trained her skin to tan, going little by little in a tanning booth. Took her a couple years ...LOL. My mother is a red head. Anyway, if you have a good friend get some home self tanners and let them do it for you. I used to help my sister all the time with it.

I can tan under my clothes, in the house with the shades down....lol.

Brooke

• Kareoke Queen
    Kareoke Queen

Oh dear!

Ok, I was a self employed beauty therapist for many years before i moved down to Cornwall so not sure if I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs with this but here goes....

If your hands are stained quite badly, the best thing I've found to get it off is washing powder. Put a little pile about the size of a 50p piece in your hand, add a tiny bit of water and rub vigorously. Don't get it all over the backs of your hands or up your wrists though as could make white patches where it touches and don't do this if you have any cuts on your fingers/hands. Make sure you rinse the powder of thoroughly too, I'd never recommend this for any other purpose but this. Washing powder + hands = DRY!! Plenty of hand cream afterwards.

If you're gonna try to blend in the streaky bits it's best to apply a body moisturiser first and rub that way, not water or a damp cloth as that'll just create more streaks. It is however good to rub very gently over knees, ankles, soflty over toes, collar bone, ankles with a lightly damped face cloth to prevent them turning a deep orange colour.

Also, if there is a skin problem that would prevent the spray tan being applied properly she should've told you this before she applied it & took your money!!! Bearing in mind that an airbrush is used to spraypaint surfaces much more uneven than skin!

I've had loads of bad self tan experiences (on myself, not my clients thankfully!) It can be a nightmare!! If she used the tinted spraytan it should look much better after you've showered off the tint.

Good luck!!

KQ

• Kareoke Queen
    Kareoke Queen

Ooooh! Just remembered:

If you have sensitive skin, forget the washing powder thing. Use a small pile of salt and a tiny amount of olive/vegetable oil instead.

That can be used as a lovely and cheap exfoliaton treatment anytime too. It works wonders. (again, sorry if you already know this!!)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I think fair skinned women are the hottest, and I've never found tans attractive in the least.

I'm sure you look great without all that tanning crap.

W

Ohh, I agree. I love natural skin tones. Creamy or milky white, peaches or strawberries and cream, they're all lovely. It's sort of like Black Pride in reverse. Love your skin tone. Embrace your skin tone. Whether it's naturally light or medium or dark. They are all good. Sirona, thank you for sharing this. It's a grand reminder to all of us not to take ourselves so seriously. You're refreshing.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Casper the Friendly Ghost here.

I've tried most of the products. Spray tan results looked good but was a torturous and horribly expensive procedure I will never repeat. The only product I've had success with is Loreal Sublime Glow. It's moisturizing lotion. Fairly even and natural looking........... I've gone through long periods of embracing my paleness, but it's hard when I get so many compliments because of my "sublime glow".

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm calming down somewhat, but I'm still here naked trying to get the damned stuff to dry!

Plus, I'm hungry so I decided to put some pasta on. Can I just say that if you are ever naked, don't go near a bubbling pot of pasta!!!

I usually am pale, because I can't be bothered to always false tan, but I think that a light tan is nice (note: light)

Karaoke Queen, thanks for the info!!!! I will try the salt thing as I do have sensitive skin.

Brooke, I envy you for being able to tan so easily. My skin tone isn't my best feature I must say!

Schne Belly, I too am freckly and fair, just be careful in that sun!

ARGH....when can I lie down on my sofa again?

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit