Ever witnessed a scandalous scene in the Hall?

by Inquisitor 30 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

This story is only scandalous as far as witnesses are concerened. We had an old German lady who's husband was not a JW. She would always sit up front. Every once in a while her husband would come with her and shout answers during the watchtower study minus the microphone and of course he had not been called upon. The answers he shouted never corresponded to anything the watchtower had printed for parroting. There was always lots of snickering. The worst thing he ever did was at a memorial. He grabbed the wine glass and drank the whole thing. There was an audible gasp of over 200 people....no snickering that time.

No one ever threw him out. The elders in our hall were all 100 percent German so maybe they knew it might be pointless to make a scene with this fellow.

r.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Oh! There was also an assembly that I went to where some elders son set off a firecracker during the drama. You've never seen attendants pounce on somebody so fast.

had I known how to obtain fireworks at a young age, that woulda' been me LOL...

• freetosee
    freetosee

We had a guy who occasionally visited our meetings (maybe he still does today) and I think he came just to have a good time and make fun of the elders. He would wear a white fur coat over his suit and carried a big green army rucksack. During the wt he gave long impressive answers which at times made the conductor nervous. The elders got agitated whenever they saw him approach the KH. The youngsters called him "eve-sheep" b/c of his first name and coat.

On his first visit ‘eve-sheep’ stood at the back of the hall talking to many brothers after the meeting. Suddenly he shouted something like "Hey, what’s all this love-bombing, everyone is so nice to me, watch it. Can you see it? This is love-bombing! This is great, lets all huge each other!" At that time I didn’t know what he was talking about.

Later he told us that he was raised a JW, gave talks at the TMS, but was never baptized. Some said he was apostate because he had a beard, but none knew for sure. Others liked him for his sense of humour. He often made the congregation laugh and allowed himself to ask questions during the wt study without waiting for the microphone. He justified his questions by saying, "this is a bible discussion, so why questions shouldn’t be allowed?" The conductor counselled him explaining, he only has limited time to cover the material and this is not an open discussion but a question and answer coverage of the material. (That made me think!)

Eve-sheep did many strange things, singing out loud entering the KH, conversing loudly during the meeting, stamping his feet on the ground and other provoking behaviour. (The only elder that could handle him was a former musician, who eventually got d’f for sleeping with the PO’s adult daughter) A rumour spread that Eve had Aids and was gay. When he found out about this (some of the youngsters asked him about it) he retaliated by chasing after the elders pinching their behinds. The congregation was half amused and in shock. It was very funny. The elders were angry but wouldn’t show in front of the brothers. My father wanted to call the police. Ok, sometimes he would go over board, but somehow found a balance through his humour and simply asking "Why not?"

I was told he once showed up for a FS meeting point, I’m sorry I missed it, it most have been hilarious. fts

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

I was about 10 years old I think when two elders got into it during the Watchtower Study. I think they disagreed over how a certain judicial matter was being handled. It was really rather interesting. I had no idea that something was going on. But this one elder kept raising his hand to answer questions during the study and it was clear that the Conductor was ignoring him. Eventually, one brother raised his hand and said to the conductor....."Why don't you call on brother "so and so" since he keeps raising his hand?" At this point brother "so and so" was called on since he had his hand raised and the argument between him and the Watchtower Study conductor occurred. It was probably the most exciting Watchtower Study I ever went to.

Another thing that is interesting is the number of JW couples that are divorced and remarried now in my old home congregation in LA. We saw my JW parents last week at my brother's wedding (my brother is not a JW which is why we are invited to these things) and my Mom was telling my wife about her JW friends. To be honest with you, I cannot keep track of who got caught sleeping with whom and was DFed, Divorced and Remarried and is now an active JW again. It really is a soap opera.

Jeff S.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

A rumour spread that Eve had Aids and was gay. When he found out about this (some of the youngsters asked him about it) he retaliated by chasing after the elders pinching their behinds.

ROFL. Let the punishment fit the crime eh, fts?

INQ

• freetosee
    freetosee

I don’t know what ROFL means.

I know he didn’t have Aids and him being gay I’m not sure, doesn’t bother me much today. Another sister was ‘marked’ as contacting Aids through her unbelieving husband. The truth was she only had trouble with some sisters in the cong, including elder’s wives.

• Gregor
    Gregor

There was the big beer belly elder who was back at the meetings after surgery to correct an umbilical hernia. It was at the conclusion of the service meeting and people were milling in the aisles talking, etc. He was the kind of guy that had always given the kids a lot of attention, mussing their hair, roughhousing etc. Well, little 6 year old "Bobby" was so excited to see him that he ran up and punched him right in the bellybutton while he was talking to Bobbys mother. He let out a roar as he cuffed Bobby ass over teakettle down the aisle. Bobby started shrieking, Momma let out a scream and ran to her baby as Bro. Elder doubled up on the floor moaning in pain. The entire cong. of 200+ people had gone dead silent. Momma then turned to brother elder and gave him a tongue lashing you wouldn't believe. Brother bellybutton ended up being removed and Momma and Bobby moved to a different cong.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Heya Gregor

What does it mean " he cuffed Bobby ass over teakettle down the aisle" when we remove the metaphor? Did he spank Bobby? Did he hurl the boy down the aisle? ?

Brother bellybutton ended up being removed

Removed as a result of this incident? That's a bit harsh isn't it, I mean the elder loved kids so his action toward Bobby must've been a reflex, right? No malice intended.

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I also remember once, when a Bethelite (Bro.X) was visiting our cong, he brought an interested person with him. Now at the sight of this Bro.X, it appeared that this other brother was very agitated. During the meeting, edgy brother's wife was telling him to calm down. At the end of meeting, Edgy stormed out of the Hall, followed by worried wife and kids. But he hadn't left the KHall altogether yet. So we were happily chatting, going about our business, when all of a sudden, this loud roar was heard outside the Hall. Bro Edgy was sooo mad, close to hysterical. He basically shouted out for Bro X to come out of the hall cos he wanted to settle a score with him. He was so hoarse that I didn't even know who he was asking for until Bro. Edgy stormed back into the Hall and punched and kicked Bro. X!! Right in front of Bro.X's non-JW guest!! I think the guest was MORE freaked out than the rest of us. I mean, we were all shocked, but the guest was like wondering if he should call the police! Edgy was kicking and screaming as 2-3 brothers including poor wifey dragged him out of there.
    I understood that Bethelite Bro X had done Edgy wrong somehow, but I didn't dig for the details cos back then I believed in doing all things for the peace of the cong.

Others didn't have such silly reservations however. LOL. The Pioneer Sisters News Network informed several neighbouring congs within the first 3 days of the aftermath.

INQ

• serendipity
    serendipity

LOL@ freetosee's story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit