Ever witnessed a scandalous scene in the Hall?

by Inquisitor 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"LOL That must have been spooky and hilarious at the same time, SirNose (intriguing nick btw!). Did you get to see who was seated closest to him? Any wealthy JWs in expensive suits and overpowering perfumes? I'd have paid to watch their facial expressions!

INQ"
    No, not too many people have particularly nice suits or strong perfumes. He sat by himself, but people around him were just really uncomfortable. I thought about letting him borrow my Bible so he could stick around and continue to make people uncomfortable. Even to this day, the attendant for that night still apologizes about letting get all the way up to the front.
    My sister and I have a laugh about it every so often. We imagine that he's got a girlfriend somewhere, and if she came to the hall, she would be mumbling, "Ruuuuuuuuuuth!"

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yes, it was like a reflexive smack up side the kids head which knocked him back a ways. A lot of the reason he was removed was that the boys mother pressed the issue and the elder was not apologetic about his overreaction. This elder was a wee bit rough around the edges anyway. He was reinstated later. A few years after that he was disfellowshipped and his wife divorced him. (Inever knew the details of the DFing.) He took up with a young woman barely out of her teens who had lived a hard, fast life. They lived together for 2 or 3 years and the girl left him for a young man more her age. One day he called her on the phone and told her he was going to kill himself. She heard a shot then silence. She called the police to investigate and they found him dead with the phone in one hand and a pistol in the other. This, of course, is the way the Witnesses would like all unrepentant DF'd people to end up. It was a real "I told you" so moment for them.

• Dirks Retort
    Dirks Retort

More bizarre than scandalous....

Many moons ago an a bible study turned up to a meeting with a christmas tree strapped to her head. From memory it was about 50cm high and complete with decorations and little flashing lights. She wore it for the entirety of the meeting and everyone pretended it was not there. Poor thing must have been deranged as she was eventually baptised.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Many moons ago an a bible study turned up to a meeting with a christmas tree strapped to her head. From memory it was about 50cm high and complete with decorations and little flashing lights. She wore it for the entirety of the meeting and everyone pretended it was not there.

There should be more of that! Someone should turn up dressed in that smoking cigarette costume they used on that quit smoking ad (Nicorette, IIRC) a few years ago - that'd be a classic!

• blondie
    blondie

I was at a JW funeral in a KH. A man sat in the front, about 40. As the brother talked and got to a break, the man would say "Hallelujah" or "Amen, brother." Not too loud, but it could be heard clearly. I could see that some brothers in the back wanted to whisk him away, but he was a strong-looking man and they had instructions never to touch anyone unless it was to defend themselves.

It was the best JW funeral I ever attended.

Blondie (Amen, brother!)

• Purza
    Purza

We once had an ex-bethelite turned apostate (gasp) who got really pissed at the elders in our KH -- different congregation though. One evening this apostate (we had no proof, but every one KNEW it was him) vandalized the KH. He spray painted the front of the hall saying "Name" (of elder) Leave Us" and I think he broke some windows and such. We had a grand ole time discussing that incident. Never seen him again after that. Guess he made his point as that particular elder moved to another hall.

One other time during the meeting this one "sister" had an epileptic fit where she went rigid in her seat and her feet hit the chair in front of her. We are all in shock, but her kids (used to seeing seizures) were acting like it was no big deal. She was sitting in the front of the hall too. It was traumatic for me and I can still see her feet hitting the chair in front. I think the meeting was stopped for a bit while they helped her out.

Purza

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Gregor,

That was a very tragic end, man.

Dirk,

Poor thing must have been deranged as she was eventually baptised.

How on earth did they allow her to take the dip if she was deranged? I thought you can't do so if you haven't quite got all your marbles?? Or am I wrong?

Gee I wonder what would happen if I strapped a 50cm dildo to my head and walked into a meeting??

INQ

• free2beme
    free2beme

A woman got up during an elder giving the "Proper view of sex and marriage" talk on a Sunday meeting and started asking nasty sex questions, repeatedly.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

A mentally disabled girl in the cong almost 30. She used to proposition all the brothers for sex. She had spent some time in a group home for disabled people and learnt all sorts of naughty things.
    The brothers doing mikes would walk past her and she'd say "i'm going to f*** you!" and other colourful expressions.
    One day she grabbed a girl about 15 years old and dragged her around the hall in a vice grip yelling out to all and sundry that the girl was her child and the love child of the presiding overseer.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

We had one older lady that used to sit in the front of the Hall on Sundays and if she disagreed with what the speaker was saying she would just blurt it out for all to hear. Sometimes the speaker would engage her but most of the time they would just ignore her. In fact, when visiting speakers would come the elders would warn them of the impending disruption as it would happen at least once. She would also write interesting letters to the editor in the local newspaper advocating violence against Islamic terrorists and the like. I think she eventually quit coming to the Hall or was asked to leave.

Jeff S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit