Ever witnessed a scandalous scene in the Hall?

by Inquisitor 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I'm not talking about the time you gave the nasty elder a bleeding nose the day you handed in your DA letter.

Back when you were still in the Org, have you ever seen a trouble-maker kick up a scene that kept the busybodies' jaws moving for weeks?

I remember how once, a drunk non-JW spouse would turn up in the middle of the meeting and start demanding to see his wife. On one hand, we publishers were like a bunch of nervous rabbits. On the other, we were kinda happy to be distracted by the drunk man's antics. It was a real test of the speaker's mettle to keep talking when there was an angry man among the audience. Especially when the drunk started heading towards the stage, thinking the speaker is the guy in charge!!

INQ

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I was too young to remember it, but my sister was just old enough to remember a long time ago when this disgruntled guy marched up to the stage and socked an old man in the face.

One time, and this was probably late last year, this bum came in and the attendant was distracted or something, because the dude wandered up to the third row. I could smell him before I could see him. Booze, cigarrets, general uncleanliness were all rolled into a powerful funk. He sat down and started mumbling "Iiiiisaiiiahhhhhh...." whenever the speaker called out scriptures from Isaiah or other places. They eventually got him to leave, but the funk stuck around for a day or two.

One time I showed up too late to see it, but this one catty chick was getting chewed out in front of the hall. Apparently the catty chick and another were scrapping in the hall. Neither of them are in the congregation now, of course.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

When I was a kid, somones husband firebombed three cars in the parking lot during a meeting. That was pretty crazy.

Another time in a different hall we had someone just stand up and start yelling at the conductor during the watchtower study.

I think there are more, but I just cant recall them right now.

• jambon1
    jambon1
    Another time in a different hall we had someone just stand up and start yelling at the conductor during the watchtower study.

Was that Bill Bowen from silent lambs? HAHA.

• wednesday
    wednesday

once when I was a child I went to Waco for an assembly. the older men were walking around looking out for apostates. I guess sone got in b/c during the public talk one guy started yelling at the speaker. A bunch of really big guys picked this one (1) guy up and threw him out on the street and locked the doors. The audience was chuckling, apostates were fun to watch b/c we had jehovah's protection , no way they could hurt us.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    He sat down and started mumbling "Iiiiisaiiiahhhhhh...." whenever the speaker called out scriptures from Isaiah or other places.

LOL That must have been spooky and hilarious at the same time, SirNose (intriguing nick btw!). Did you get to see who was seated closest to him? Any wealthy JWs in expensive suits and overpowering perfumes? I'd have paid to watch their facial expressions!

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    somones husband firebombed three cars

Were you living in a tough neighbourhood, justsomedude?

That was some serious damage! Was the husband a military man or a gangsta?

INQ

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

About 9 years ago during the opening song of the ministry school, a sister was giving her husband a good beating at the back of the Kingdom Hall. The brother ran of screaming " I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE! I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF HER BULLYING"! I saw it all being an attendant, and the elders took the brother outside and gave him a severe telling off. At the time I thought it was harsh, but it turned out that he was telling his wife, and including the elders, that he dosen't love her and loves another sister within the congregation. That fight would have graced a soap opera anyday.

IRONHEAD

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

hmm,

how about a fight between two elders for the donation box?

or a sister totally freaking out because the brother was overtime again. Walking to the stand and totally saying everything she had on her heart, and that was far from descent.

how about a sister dying at the hall. She was put into the second school, and kept secret until after, because not to worry the people and keep them distracted from the more important meeting (well, the ambulance was called directly)

DB

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    Was that Bill Bowen from silent lambs? HAHA

Nah, just some knucklehead that came in with a relative. The speaker handled it pretty well.

Were you living in a tough neighbourhood, justsomedude?

That was some serious damage! Was the husband a military man or a gangsta?

The area that the hall was in wasnt great, but it wasnt bad enough to expect terrorist attacks. There was a torched truck that sat in the lot for a week or two afterwards until they could haul it away. Since I was just a kid all I ever really heard was that he was an unbeliever, not sure if there was hanky panky he was avenging or not.

I thought of another one too... I was running mics once and we had this visitor that came and was taking pictures and just generally checking the place out. He didnt really cause a scene or make any problems until the watchtower study when he said something like "What kind of a world do we live in when a Ni**** like OJ Simpson can still be walking around free". Crazy stuff.

Oh! There was also an assembly that I went to where some elders son set off a firecracker during the drama. You've never seen attendants pounce on somebody so fast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit