topic won't last long at this site

by crazyblondeb 27 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

OK, now that I understand what that forum is…..wow—this is a great example of what I call “self-brainwashing”. This poster has completely twisted around the facts to match what he wants to believe instead of believing what is actually true.

Example

wishful thinking #1:

What is the difference between the Catholic Church and JWs. JWs do not transfer known child molesters to different parts of the country to continue to serve as elders. Known child molesters are never allowed to be servants in the congregation for the rest of their life.

Nope. The WTS literature states the opposite.

wishful thinking #2:

JWs disfellowship practicing child molesters whether they are elders, ministerial servants, Bethelites, COs, DOs, pioneers, publishers, or whatever their position in the congregation.

Nope. WTS literature says they can be forgiven if they repent, or no action will be taken if there are not at least 2 credible witnesses to the "sin".

wishful thinking #3:

If this person would have been caught by JWs before the police caught him, he would have been immediately kicked out of . If he were a Catholic Minister he would have been transferred to another parish and continued as a Catholic Minister or possibly now that such publicity has come to the Catholic Church for handling these matters he may have been temporarily removed as a Minister but by no means would he have been excommunicated as a member of the Catholic Church.
    Here the poster tries to pretend that DFing or excommunicating a molester somehow rectifies the situation. Hello! What rectifies the situation is reporting it to the police and getting the victim help. It's a crime and that's how crimes are rectified. Changing the person's "spiritual" status does little to rectify the crime.
  • Terry
    Terry

I found this thread profoundly disturbing!

Why? It reminded me of personal conversations I had with my (former) best friend who used to have lunch with me. (He is still an active JW in good-standing.)

There is a hardcore personality disorder at work in the lack of compassion for human suffering when it threatens the Organization.

The indoctrination in the publications has been effective. Nothing is more important than the hive. People are mere drones.

The sickness to this psychology is putrefying.

I see a danger in having former JW's go to these sites, however. If an Ex-JW penetrates an actual JW discussion and pretends to have a genuine conversation for the purposes of spreading disarray it REINFORCES their paranoias and actually PROVES their definition of what an EVIL SLAVE is.

A former JW should never portray themselves as other than what they are. Being an agent provocateur is a gross dishonesty which drives damaged people deeper into delusion and fear.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    OK, now that I understand what that forum is…..wow—this is a great example of what I call “self-brainwashing”. This poster has completely twisted around the facts to match what he wants to believe instead of believing what is actually true.

'Self-brainwashing' - yes, exactly what it is, rebel8. Well summed up! And they are a disturbing subset of JWs.

• Jeho-so-fat
    Jeho-so-fat

What an immature thing to do....to go to another forum and pretend you were molested...HOW SICK!

If I had beeen molested or abused sexually, which thankfully I was not, I would have taken great offence to what you did. It is no joke...it is not a laughing matter or something to be treated lightly.

I hope you are ashamed of what you did. If that is the kind of behaviour ex-JW's get up to...then you can count me out.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    What an immature thing to do....to go to another forum and pretend you were molested...HOW SICK!

Umm. I don't think she was pretending. Check her post history.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

annomaly,

"check her post history" why? the problem with that is #1 she wasn't posting on this forum. how would those on the other forum "check her post history"? and #2 if someone did "check her post history" they would find out that she is not a teenager as she tried to give the impression, nor is she a "young adult" as she claimed when asked a direct question about her age. and #3 finally that the reason the statute of limitations had run out was because her abuse occured more than 25 years ago which of course would cast doubt on her age. the problem with telling a lie (i am a teenager) to support a legitimate complaint (i was molested) are the lies you have to tell (i am a young adult) in order to support the first lie. i truly don't believe that cbd wanted anyone on that other forum to "check her post history"

j2s

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

just2sheep

Personally I don't agree with infiltrating JW forums under false pretenses to muck-stir (she would have had to lie about swearing allegiance to the WTS when she joined that forum - you've seen their registration page, right?). But I was replying to a poster - on THIS forum - who said she had pretended to be molested. According to her post history here she said she had been molested by her step-dad.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

annOmaly,

understood. thanks for the clarification.

j2s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit