I got nekkid, how about you?

by Sparkplug 41 Replies latest jw friends

• magoo
    magoo

the hot springs in the jemez mountains used to be one my favorite spots up there. i drove my volkswagon of a cliff up there, it got hung up between 2 very tall trees about 15 feet above ground.......u think someone above caught me..................nah.....i wasn't even a very good jw then...partyin' & all.

.......some of the best times of my life were in those mountains & surrounding areas. there was a little restaurant in the city of espanola, called the rio grand cafe....the best mexican breakfast i've ever had. that is where i got "addicted" to jalapenos, green chilis & real mexican food. taos....another great place....scenery...skiing...art...good eats. same for santa fe.....ruidosa, another fum place...just way too many places to mention. if i could make a descent living i would still be up there.....maybe when i'm " rich & famous".......

magoo formally of the mountain man class

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Lo Hu- that just might be it. I don't recall what it is used for, but it is all stone and emptied out. It is the most beautiful spot. Your husband had a good idea there. That is just too special being up there around all of nature and looking over the city. If it was at night, the lights and the balloons if during the fest. Breathtaking really!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Magoo! Skiing! It is one of my favorite things. I got a bit choked up while I was back there and a bit blue in the middle of the day when I realized that I had always meant for my children to be raised in the mountains. It made me cry a bit. I tried to stick to the mountains as I moved away, but it did not happen. Wyoming and then the ozarks, (they are not mountains) and now texas. Sigh

Then Espanola, I was trying to tell my friend about the Friday night cruises and all of the souped up cars on hydrolics. (spelling) I recall going to a funeral there and it was the first time I saw hired mourners and the whole procession was low-riders. lol Not that a funeral was funny, but I did find humour in it.

Do you recall Dixon Apples or having to go to the mountains for meetings when the festivals were in town?

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Yeah, it was really beautiful, however you know how witnesses are, my future mother in law was there about fifty feet away, he couldn't even propose to me without a chaperone. That really kind of marred the occasion. She even made it worse because she sprained her ankle. I mean I am sorry she got hurt and all but......

But I am getting off of your thread. Your vacation sounded absolutely wonderful.

Loruhamah

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Loruhamah - thanks for joining. I need to step away a bit also. I have things I need to do and may check back later. Sorry bout the mother in law thing. I do know how that must have sucked.

Decki

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I want

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I want

I know you do...Maybe we can plan a girl trip and take the apostadudes with us...Maybe in early part of the year so we can have the steamy tub and snow. OOOh and warm Ammaretto! Dayyum. Do you think we could talk them into it?

• magoo
    magoo

sparkplug............i can't beleive someone besides my self knows about the apples from dixon. my best friend of all times lived in dixon...only feet from the river. when i first met his family at the kingdom hall, they had no indoor plumbing....out house...baths in the cold river, we used to take turns staying the weekends with each other....my folks home on the canyon in pajarito acres was quite a bit different. he was my mom's favorite "adopted" son & me his mom's, not to mention i was in "lust" with his sister.... god....what wonderful memories. sking is my favorite out door activity in the winter

magoo

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    I want
    I know you do...Maybe we can plan a girl trip and take the apostadudes with us...Maybe in early part of the year so we can have the steamy tub and snow. OOOh and warm Ammaretto! Dayyum. Do you think we could talk them into it?

I kinda doubt if I could convince him....but it's a lovely fantasy, dear.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well Arrow, your dear is here and we can go in spite of hum drum peeps we have to convince.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit