I got nekkid, how about you?

by Sparkplug 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

No, my parents don't live in New Mexico but they wish they did. I used to live there and would still love to except that my inlaws are still there. My husband proposed to me on top of Sandia Crest.

Next time you go you really have to try the cold dip. The combination of the warmth and cold is extremely relaxing. I had a massage therapist say that alternating between cold and hot water releases the same hormones that getting a massage does. Though, I know that cold water is not for everyone but please try it, I think that you will love it.

There are some spas that I have been to in the Dallas, Texas area the offer a sauna, hot tub, steam room and cold dip. I love to go and alternate between the four.

Loruhamah

• magoo
    magoo

.........ahhh.............northern new mexico........nothing beats it. i lived in los alamos thru high school, bandolier was stompin' grounds. the jemez mountains were weekend long parties......of coarse this was in the late 60's, so you know what i was doin'

i miss the mountains,fresh air, pinon trees & nuts, fresh roasted green chilis,hot springs, taos,santa fe, chimayo.......good memories

magoo

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

No, my parents don't live in New Mexico but they wish they did. I used to live there and would still love to except that my inlaws are still there. My husband proposed to me on top of Sandia Crest.

Next time you go you really have to try the cold dip. The combination of the warmth and cold is extremely relaxing. I had a massage therapist say that alternating between cold and hot water releases the same hormones that getting a massage does. Though, I know that cold water is not for everyone but please try it, I think that you will love it.

There are some spas that I have been to in the Dallas, Texas area the offer a sauna, hot tub, steam room and cold dip. I love to go and alternate between the four.

Loruhamah

Wow, I was just telling someone that I climbed Sandia when I was about 10, maybe 12. I love it there and when I was younger and married, my ex was a total extreme sports person. We used to hike up there and sleep on top of the stone house up on the top ridge. have you been there?

And seeing you are in Dallas, you must so come to the fest and tell me where these spas are so that I can try it all out.

Decki....now in Dallas!

• Sirona
    Sirona
    I had the most relaxing soak in the kabuta tub and then got oiled down and rubbed all over at 10,000 waves this last week. I thought that I must be in heaven on earth.

OOH sparky sounds loverly! I wonder where I could get that done? I won a day out with my work recently and I'm sure theres an option of a pamper day....I wonder if they do that?

Sirona

• Kudra
    Kudra

ahhhhhh! hey Magoo, did you go out to the hot springs up that huge hill just before you get to Jemez Springs (the town)?
    That was totally awesome. I went on a night when there weren't that many people there. Gorgeous.
    I just love hot springs. I'm here in the Eastern Sierras for the summer and there are a lot of em around.

-K

• Kudra
    Kudra

Sparkplug:
    She rubbed you with her whole torso??? Could you explain...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    .........ahhh.............northern new mexico........nothing beats it. i lived in los alamos thru high school, bandolier was stompin' grounds. the jemez mountains were weekend long parties......of coarse this was in the late 60's, so you know what i was doin'

i miss the mountains,fresh air, pinon trees & nuts, fresh roasted green chilis,hot springs, taos,santa fe, chimayo.......good memories

magoo

Oh maggoo, I think Igained back the ten lbs I just lost in one weekend. I pigged out on green chili and chicken stew. Then I bought some chimayo red chili and green and brought it home to add to my frozen bags in the freezer. I had a close gal that had a grandma that lived in los alamos. it is pretty strange the warning signs that you see and the silos (spelling) just sitting there.

I had chimayo cherry juice and oh, the mountains...I miss them so much!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Sparkplug:

She rubbed you with her whole torso??? Could you explain...

Well it is not as naughty as it would sound. She actually had her whole forearms and such all over., She found spots I did not know were needing help. Then when she bent my leg up and twisted me, she used her upper body to put weight on and moved across to make the pressure spread to each area. It felt really swell. The only thing is I am wound so tight that I was told I need to go steady somewhere for I treat my body like a punching bag. So no she did not roll around on me like a full contact sport, but the weight and upper body ...torso she did use was absolutely awsome.

I felt really bad when she told me of her whole holistic eating thing. I think that is what she called it. I wish now I had spurged for the two person rub on myself.

Kudra, what I really miss is living in Truth or Consequences. It used to be called Hot Springs NM and it has many a bath house. I recall not knowing any manners of such a place as a kid and my babysitter would take me with her to the weekly soaking. It was great except I would swing from the rope in the middle to make a big splash. A lot of older ladies went and I have never seen so many birthday suits at once. lol

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Sirona- I have no idea where to go in the UK...But if you find a place, do tell! I have managed to get to England a couple of times in the last 10 years. I think I would like to go again as money permits! Let me know! Oh and I will edit this to add that, kudra, Seeing how today is going, I would give you a demonstration, but Lady lee. Ms Whip, (and her banquet of Naughties, Auld Soul (The irresistible flirt), and Sexy Sixy might get upset. ((Well maybe not six and auld soul, for they get into that kind of thing.)) but at any rate, I am a hands kind of person and I am having a very hard time showing you all of my hand explainations thru this dang keyboard. lol

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah
    We used to hike up there and sleep on top of the stone house up on the top ridge. have you been there?

Actually, if you mean the old ranger station up there, that is exactly where my husband proposed. We have hiked Sandia Crest only three times but we love hiking and have all or our gear. My boss is a real piece and won't give us any time off but as soon as we can we are going to head out and hit the trail.

Loruhamah aka my boss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit