I'd love to hear from anyone who grew up in the truth and is gay

by PaulMarshall 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

If they are gay & brought up as a JW ...It was not in the truth it was the LIE

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Hi Paul.

Welcome to the family . Everyone here is great to speak with so feel free to just be yourself and dive right in.

c

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Hey Paul,

I was a 3rd generation JW and am gay. I did the whole thing, regular pioneer after high school, ministerial servant..blah blah. I've been out since the mid-90s and now have a partner of 8 years. It can be a roller-coaster journey, (coming out is an adventure in itself, let alone being a JW) but being true to oneself is so worth it. Long story short, I was df'd when I approached the elders about my homosexuality (I had sex at that point and was doing other sinful things) and was seeking their help to overcome it. Needless to say, they weren't very helpful...LOL

Anyway I've found friendship and support with A Common Bond (ACB), an international support group for current and former gay, lesbian, bi and transgendered JWs. I live in the NYC area we are hosting the annual ACB conference this year. Please come if you can find a cheap airfare as it would be worth the trip. For more info...go to www.acbnyc.com.

Feel free to email me privately if you want to chat.

Best,
    NYCkid

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Not gay but welcome to the forum.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Paul,

Welcome to the forum... I'm not gay but I had 2 uncles who were who served in bethel... I think they are too old for you now. But you are still very much welcomed! Straight people can be nice too!

r.

• CordyC
    CordyC

Hey guys I am new here and a longtime lurker-. at least since I started questioning the "truth" a couple of years back. I am gay and have grown up around the JWs nearly all my life and was baptized in 1996 at 17 years of age. I am still an active but barely JW and I so hate it when I have to give talks that revolve on the sins of homosexuality or what a real marriage is. What trash. Anyway I am still currently a JW but hope to get out sometime soon, though it is harder for me than just disassociating myself. Since I am still "active" I won't be posting under my real name. I am male and live in NY, that is all I will say for now. I do understand the conflict of being gay and then hearing how horrible you are from the JWs. Very tired of it.

Anyway, I will post some more but thought I would chime in on this thread in particular.

Cheers,

CordyC(Cordelia Chase is from one of my favorite TV series: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," something the JWs would find reprehensible. Oh well. :)

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi Pal.

I am sorry you are not gay as well Thanks for the message

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi.

Wow that is amazing and I'll vist the link thank you

Paul xx

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Paul I hope that you will be overwhelmed with the support that is available to you here.
    Recovering from your experience as a JW is an experience on its own. A massive learning curve.
    Maybe one day you will be in a position to help others in similar situations.

CordyC, my heart goes out to you. That must be so difficult to do. Is there anyway you can get out of being on the Ministry School? Pretend to have a pressing work load? Not turn up on your talk nights in the hope that they drop you from the schedule. I appreciate how difficult it is when you have to put up a pretence. I hope that you will be able to stop associating with the JWs sooner rather than later.

Miss Peaches (straighty one-eighty)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi Paul; welcome to the family. I'm not gay either, but I hope you find the support you need. A gay exJW friend recommended that site; gayexjw.com You've probably already found it by now.

Anyway, keep it together and all the best for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit