I'd love to hear from anyone who grew up in the truth and is gay

by PaulMarshall 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

At the top of the page click on 'Profile'. It's pretty straightforward from there.

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi

Thanks for your message it is really appreciated. I have been really amazed at the response I have had. It has been 18 years since I left the organisation and I am still not sure why I have now decided to reach out and find people who know what goes on in my head. hopefully in talking to people like you we can support each other.

I have been talking the guys at common bond 2,000 ex JW's all gay. They meet in the states in September I think I want to go....

Take it easy…

Paul

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Paul

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi Katy.

I love that qoute! it really made me laugh.

Consider the vacancy filled.

I have been really amazed at the response I have had. It has been 18 years since I left the organisation and I am still not sure why I have now decided to reach out and find people who know what goes on in my head.

All I can say though I am felling really good in talking about this stuff.

best to email on [email protected]

Take it easy…

Paul

• puck
    puck

hi paul --

i'm gay, too, and left the organization about 9 years ago or so. my homosexuality was a big part of that. it was really hard to hear how horrible i was for feeling something i couldn't control. i was also very involved -- a regular pioneer, my dad was a ms, and i *almost* got married, but backed out shortly before the wedding. welcome! this is a good place to be, even if you aren't in the middle of coming out anymore (either as "a gay" , or as a witness).

cordy -- i love buffy, too! and angel -- cordelia is even better on that show!

-- puck

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi M8.

Thanks for your message. You are right it is very similar. I a lot of ways harder I think and having done both I think I am right

Great to hear from you bud

Paul

• aniron
    aniron

Hi again

Meant to say about that the three exJW's who are gay.

They all Disassociated themselves .

I met the mother of one of them a couple months ago. She was more upset that he had left "the truth" than that is was gay.

• CordyC
    CordyC

Cordelia was great on Angel too and I hated when they wrote her off.

I will reveal more about myself in coming weeks, just don't have the time right at this moment. It is nice to find people who have had similar experiences to me here.

Oh and to address an earlier comment- I would love to quit the Ministry School, but I know they wouldn't let me. See I speak too well for my own good apparently. Thankfully I am not an MS nor do I plan on reaching out for that. I need to be true to myself.

I do have a nice support system for myself. I have two really close friends that share all my secrets and know the mental anguish I go through weekly. So, I do have a nice venting outlet.

I would like to meet other Gay ex-Jws though and I may have to make one of those meetings of ACB at some point.

and yes I am a single gay man at the moment.

Cheers,

CordyC

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

I grew up during it, and almost went through the whole motions of marrying some sister who I'd never want to be with. But I still get pressured alot with finding some woman to marry, and you get really annoyed everytime they say it. Right now i'm out of the truth and trying to get friends who appreciate me instead of the fake smiles and nods I had to give.

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi.

Thank you so much for your message. Finding this site has been an incredible turning poiont for me... I am just hopeful I can bo of help to anyone struglling with similar issues.

Your freind

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit