I'd love to hear from anyone who grew up in the truth and is gay

by PaulMarshall 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Sorry I am not gay

This is a great quote! Ive never heard so many people apologise for not being gay!!

Well im not gay either, but id really like it if you stuck around to chat anyways.

Growing up in da troof, there were lots of people I knew who I felt certain would have been gay had they not been winoids. In fact when I saw you were from UK I mentally ran through all of them to see if you were any of them. I know one for definite went out and then came out. Im sure the others would if only they could escape the witchtower.

The saddest thing was when I saw men I thought were definitely gay getting KH weddings - cant help thinking it comes out anyway sooner or later, and how hard it must be if you have married any maybe even had children, to then have to come out.

Ive got a vancacy for a gay friend, if thats any good??

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Hey Cordy,

Not sure if you're aware of A Common Bond (ACB) but it's an international support network for current and former LGBT JWs. We meet monthly in NYC (4th Saturday of every month) and this year we're hosting the annual ACB conference during Labor Day weekend. Check out our website at www.acbnyc.com. We also schedule informal social outings. You might also check out A Common Bond in yahoo groups as there is a discussion board there as well.

I hear your frustration. I was an m.s. while I discovered I was gay. Towards the end of my m.s. career I was asked to substitute for a brother who "called in sick" and couldn't give his talk on masturbation. It was hilarious lecturing the congregation on the evils of something that is quite normal and that I had participated in frequently myself...lol

It can be a difficult journey coming out as a gay man and leaving all you've known religiously, but I think most people will tell you that being true to yourself is quite rewarding....the possibilities are endless.

Best,
    NYCkid

• Ileftthemtoo
    Ileftthemtoo

Hi Paul, I'm new too, and out of WTBTS for 2 years (almost) and out to myself 2 years also. I am very happy with my current life, but still have issues from time to time. I believe coming out of WTBTS was way harder than coming out gay was.

I am also on the ACB boards too. I'll see you there also.

ILEFTTHEMTOO

• CordyC
    CordyC

I have heard of A Common Bond, but I work on Saturdays and cannot make it to the LGBT center then. My JW meetings are also on Saturday(Talk and WT), but I haven't been regular to those for nearly three years. In fact I miss about 48 Saturday meetings a year. :) The elders have tried to encourage me, but they are the ones who switched meeting days to make it inconvenient for me, so fat chance I will adjust my set schedule for them.

Thanks for the welcome. I am out as a gay man at work but not as a JW, because I plan to be out sooner rather than later.

Actually about A Common Bond, I noticed you guys at the Pride parade maybe two years ago and that's when I started questioning everything and started lurking here. So I have you guys to thank anyway. :)

Cheers,

CordyC

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi Anglise.

I do indeed. and no intend to be an open book on here so nothing secrests this end. Had my share of those

My brothers name is indeed Phil and Sue my wishy-washy sister is still limping back and forth tto the occasional bible study bless her,when yet another report of an earthquake or such like heads to news for a few hours. Ho Hum if only it was all that simple. I had prepared myself for the fact that I would inevitably bump into a blast from the blast. There is no way I could have done all the district assemblies without touching base with people from my previous life.

So give me details. I'd love to hear from you. I don't recognise your name. or if you prefer email me directlly [email protected]

Best

Paul

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Paul

have emailed you.

Anglise

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Paul, I'm too boring to be gay but here's a (((((((((( big Greek man-hug )))))))))) to welcome you to the forum.

Nic'

• aniron
    aniron

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not gay myself,.

But do know of three exJW's brought up in the "truth" who are.

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi Arion,

Thanks for your message it is really appreciated. I have been really amazed at the response I have had. It has been 18 years since I left the organisation and I am still not sure why I have now decided to reach out and find people who know what goes on in my head.

Take it easy…

Paul

• PaulMarshall
    PaulMarshall

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your message it is really appreciated. I will tak your big greek manly hug to my heart thank you! I have been really amazed at the response I have had. It has been 18 years since I left the organisation and I am still not sure why I have now decided to reach out and find people who know what goes on in my head.

Incidentally how do I put a picture of my uglu mug on this thing?

Take it easy…

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit